MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    The Great Broken Wind of 2018
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Great Broken Wind of 2018
 Login/Join

Factor
posted
Well the wind storm came through here on the East Coast, and since many trees were broken and power lost, I'm calling it The Great Broken Wind of 2018 Big Grin

We lost power in our all-elecric house about 4 on Friday. BUT with some 18th century tech, I put together some poached salmon and a caesar salad, and I reheated up some leftovers for my son. Candle lanterns and a brazier with a skillet, plus a kettle and a pot are mighty fine things This morning was bacon and eggs and coffee.

Then the power came back on. Wink

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Bad storm; so I hear.
Good being prepared. We, also, live in an all electric house, and like you, we have the equipment and know how to do without electric just fine.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
We were hit with about 20 inches of snow up here on the top of the Poconos. Thousands lost electric in PA, but for once we were lucky. Ever since the wife insisted on an automatic generator we haven't lost electric for days at a time.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
We had the wind down here too. Few shingles off the sheds, few branches down, but nothing major. Tide was blown out as fas as I've ever seen on that NW, mud 20' past the end of the dock. Of course today this next coastal storm coming in has the tide rolling in over the yard and sidewalk. Ugh.

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Coming a big storm this week 18" of snow predicted.and winds.and Deer season is over.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post