New
Find
Notify
Tools

David Bowie
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
Another inovater passes. I grew up during his heyday, n yeah he did some outlandish things. One of IMHO his best performances was a duet with Bing Crosby singing The Little Drummer Boy. Soft easy n beautiful, really showed the real range of his voice n how well he really could sing. Sad to hear cancer is what took him. I know personally the insidious of cancer. Rip Mr. Bowie

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
He was my age and I'd been a fan since, well, a long time ago. I have much of his music and treasure it all,vinyl and cd.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Not much on David Bowie's music, but it's always sad when any talented artist passes.

I still miss Tammy Wyanette. She got me through two tours in Viet Nam, Republic of. Also miss Little Jimmy Dickens. I do like that old country music!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Just heard one of my favorite character actors Alan Rickman has also passed from cancer. Incredible abilities, if ya don't recognise the name he was in Diehard, Robin Hood with Kevin Cosner and a bunch of other movies. Always played the psycotic bad guy.

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
He was also Snape in the Harry Potter movies and c0-starred in Galaxy Quest. He was also the bad Aussie in Quigley Down Under

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Alan Rickman was one of my very favorite character actors. His range was incredible; from playing "the Spock" character to Tim Allen's Cpt Kirk to Tom Selleck's nemesis in "Quigley Down Under". He will be missed.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
.. and one more for Alan Rickman- I think he was also in Die Hard 1, playing as the head of the group of terrorist/robbers. My favorite scene was when he shot the cheesy MBA. Just desserts, if you ask me hehe.

Sua Sponte