New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sad News
 Login/Join

Free Trapper
posted
I found out quite by accident yesterday that a very good friend of mine passed away in January. I say by accident because we got busy with life and just fell out of touch-raising kids, changing jobs, moving, etc. It's been 20 plus years since we spoke and I don't even know how to contact his widow. And that is truly sad.

I post this here because it was a deer hunting invitation from Ted that I got me my first muzzleloader big game animal on.

On the first morning of our hunt I had missed a doe and old Ted cut my shirttail off! Then he pinned it to inside wall of his camper! We hunted together for many years afterwards and that shirttail was always pinned to the wall every time I visited.

Anyways, later that day he graciously put me in another spot and I shot a spike buck from the ground at about 25 yards.

Ted, Rest in peace buddy!

To all y'all reading this:
First, get your account settled with your Creator.
Second, tell your family and friends how much they mean to you, and don't lose track of folks like I do.
Third, enjoy every day like it's your last, 'cause one day you'll be right.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chaser,

Posts: 177 | Location: Kooskooskie River Country | Registered: 02 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Amen, brother.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Times change. People change. Friends drift apart as interests change, or various conditions change.

I lost contact with my best buddy 50 years ago. Around 30 years ago I began searching for him. Never found him, never made contact.
Then, last year, I finally located his sister and contacted her. She filled me in. My buddy,
Dave, died in 2018. He had married, moved to another state, had a good life.
I'm sad that I couldn't find him before he died, but I'm glad that he had a good life.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
A similar thing happened 15 years ago with a dear childhood, and very close, friend. He was never the type to initiate calls and such and when he did it was special. We had moved to Virginia where a mutual friend called and asked did I know the friend had died. I did not and called his younger brother and he filled me in on what happened. He had worked on planes during his Air Force stent. Those planes would come in dripping with agent orange and it was impossible to ignore. He was always lifting weights and had a wonderful "David" physique. But because of AO he developed diabetes and was lax about his meds. He died of a heart attack at his geodesic house he'd built with his own hands decades before. I still haven't yet come to terms over his passing. Far too many of my friends whom I love and relatives have passed. My squeeze says when you get older you lose loved ones. I'll soon be 77 and worry about those still here. I'm the type who takes loss extremely hard and have great difficulty with it. I'm a hard-core dog and cat lover and losing them hits me the same way and with the same pain. I just have a major problem losing any and all.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post