New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bay Corn
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Any one besides me hankerin fir some bay corn?

Colonel Christopher

Posts: 15 | Location: Ocean City NJ | Registered: 11 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I've had sweet corn, yellow corn, popcorn (yellow, white, and red), flint corn, corn pone, and parched corn..., but I can't say that I've every had bay corn. Big Grin

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well Colonel, I'm a born and raised Jerseyman myself (I left there long ago) But, I have never heard of "bay corn".
I can only guess that you are perhaps referring to those good cherry stone clams that we used to tread for in Barnegat Bay and also down Tuckerton way. After gathering a bushel basket full, I used to sit in the boat and eat about a dozen raw right out of the bay.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Sorry. I posted in the wrong forum. There is really no such thing as bay corn, but it is a standing joke on another forum. Someone brings it up once a year or so.
If you google "bay corn" (with the quotes) you will see it.

Colonel Christopher

Posts: 15 | Location: Ocean City NJ | Registered: 11 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post