New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corn bread
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
Hey Audacious one time at a get together at your place the one fella brought a corn bread that was the best I ever ate. It was almost pudding like. Do you possibly have the recipe or rember who brought it? I know I had several helpings. The stew you made n all the other stuff the guys brought made one heck of a lunch n dinner after a great day of shooting. He had dark hair n I believe may have been a chef if that helps jog the ol memory

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Birdman, sounds like he might have put in some creamed or pureed corn to the batter. I do something like that... not creamed corn, but if I have any sweet corn, I'll puree some and add it to the cornbread batter. It will end up much like what you described. Good enough to make you want to punch someone!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Ranger your spot on how good it is, might just be creamed corn added to it. We had a large pan n it was scraped clean hahaha

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Bird,that is my good friend Scott,known as paxtonboy,(I think that's his handle),yes he is a chief and a master at the cooking thing,once made 2 pd of bacon and a dozen eggs at the same time at Frederick

Posts: 49 | Registered: 08 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Hacksaw ya shook out a cob web, yea it was Paxtonboy. He used to post here , if ya would ,could you get Scott to post the recipient? Man that was some scrumptious grub

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Any luck with the recipe follow up? It sounds good and your making me hungry. Wink Best regards. RH

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Not so far Dog, still hoping Hacksaw gets hold of his buddy n can post the recipe.

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
sorry guys,been off for a while,i thought he posted the recipe on this forum,and somebody else posted pictures,but I can't find them,i will get ahold of him and get that recipie quick

Posts: 49 | Registered: 08 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hacksaw, no biggie. Where ya located? If you were at Audies I'm trying to remember faces to go with names. That was a fun weekend.

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Who's tried Jalapeños in their corn bread?

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post