New
Find
Notify
Tools

faverite christmas food
 Login/Join

Free Trapper
posted
all right you guy`s what is your favorite food for Christmas, mine would have to be a god fruit charlotte old style and then scotch eggs
nd of course home made egg-nog ueing real wisky or brandy

Posts: 196 | Location: kenai peninsula alaska | Registered: 09 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
This year at any rate...I am bringing bacon wrapped grouse served over rice...mushrooms and onions to dinner
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I always walk down to the shoreline mid-day and pick up enough oysters for dinner, fried single pats. Mmmmm.

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Big Horn Sheep roast is gonna be our Christmas fare this year as a neighbor what doesn't like sheep...jest tha hunting... gave a hind quarter.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
If it fits on a plate !!!! This AM sausage gravy on big home made butter milk biscuts covered in home made Blck Berry jelly ,,

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Coq Au Vin for evening meal,with various goodies for gnoshing during the Day.....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
My wife opted for Lasagna this year, though when she does a "holiday" Lasagna, she uses sausage, cream, and ricotta.... instead of hamburger and cottage chesse

Anyway... I make Fish House Punch and Limoncello and give that as gifts...'course it needs taste testing along the way. Big Grin

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
But of course,ya gotta keep up the quality..... Wink

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
We always have a rolled roast beef with onions from an Italian market in the area...with baked potatos and salad and a cranberry-horseradish side.....hope you all prospered and are ready for the New Year...Gary

" You do with your scalp as you wish and don't be telling us what to with ours."

Posts: 158 | Location: lake champlain, vt | Registered: 03 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Homemade tamales, hand made by our grandmotherly Mexican neighbor as a gift, along with her special mild salsa.

"Any day you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good day"

Posts: 428 | Location: Northwestern California | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Homemade Tamales.....*drool*

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Sunday, after church we had tacos, six different fillings by different mujeres trying to outdo each other in providing flavor. Yum! I could eat like that nearly everday.
El Leon

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I have very fond memories of various Mujeres asking me "Are you hungry?"......I lived in low income neighborhoods when I was young,formed several good friendships,and a love for Mexican food

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
tonight, a birthday party at our house for our favorite 3 year old. pizza from a local shop, and a chocolate cake from ms. audrey with cream cheese icing sprinkled with fruit.
El Leon

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
From the sounds of it,you're gonna have to hit the aerobics soon,or end up looking like ol' 'Sticks........ Wink

Factor
posted Hide Post
Or me,for that matter Big Grin

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Yes, Boartooth, I really want to get rid of the panza. A gut combined with arthritus a d spinal injuries makes it hard to put my socks on. I know Ms. Audrey really doesn't want to dress me just yet.
El Leon

pistuo deo lalo

<mtnmike>
posted
Well I won't get ya'll slobbering but,the spread that was placed before me,well I promise ya faithfully it ain't in a super-duper market, I shot em,picked um,cut um,and the missus an daughter,shore did cook'em! My son-in-law an gran-daughter didn't budge for a couple hours after feeding Eeker

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Heh,just thinking about a spread like that gets me drooling....Ah,memories......

Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
We're sort of old fashioned here. My other half sort of likes my growin' up family tradition of Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve... rib roast, yorkshire pudding, mashed taters softened with sour cream,pot liquor and butter, green beans dripping with butter, homemade applesause that Marie makes - this after my own tradition of me and the sons in law going into the other room for a bit of JD over some ice. I let 'em hold my flint locks, but danged if I'll let 'em shoot one! After supper (started around 8) it's pies and such, then a bit of relaxing before midnight services.

Now, that's the way to go. I made some stew with some of the roast, have had about half a dozen sandwiches and still have some beans left.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post