New
Find
Notify
Tools

open fire cooking
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
The boys an i cooked a red deer roast about 8lbs at the fall shoot. we cooked it very slow on the open fire. it came out so good and tender.

Posts: 37 | Location: TIVERTON RI | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Newoodsrunner
posted Hide Post
YOU DID???? how come i didn't get any i know you had some of my buffalo chili

Posts: 461 | Location: SW Okla | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
That qualifies as braggin' and cruel and unusual punishment for those of us that didn't get any. Frowner Wink

Posts: 1454 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I agree where's mine? Smiler

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
ok lock n load boys I'm thunken its time ta go Bear hunten, er could be roast stealen hehehe I'm a droolen like a drunk ol fool LOL

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
did you do it on a spit, or how did you do it? How long did you roast it for? Sounds heavenly.

Posts: 85 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 06 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
we cook it about 4 hours on low open fire

Posts: 37 | Location: TIVERTON RI | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Did you baste it with anything?

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post