New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cornish Paste's (Pastee)
 Login/Join

Factor
posted Hide Post
Ah but are they not fried as the "old school" donut was, instead of baked? (IT PAYS to have friends from MI who come East to play and share food!)

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Watcha mean "old school"? If it ain't fried,it ain't a donut....... Mad

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 1928 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Those donuts known as Puczki's are here and all over town before "Fat Tuesday" rings in Lent. Like other holidays these days, that time before fat Tuesday seems to start earlier and earlier every year. I must say they are packed full of calories even more so that your average run of the mill filled donut! I've never been a calorie counter, but have been told by my sister who's a nurse that one puczki has around 1000 calories in it. Eat two (which isn't hard to do) and you have just topped out your daily calorie requirement! They are darn tasty though! Havin a sweet tooth can sure get ya into trouble!

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Y'know,it's fun to talk about gorging on all these delicious goodies,but I know a guy(driver in our transit company)that has gone over 400 lbs and is having some serious health problems.It's sad to see a young guy like him struggling to get around,and to hear about up-coming surgery.All because he can't keep his eating under some kind of control.I'm no skinny health fanatic,but I do try...

Posts: 1928 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
When you have made your pasty and you fold the pastry over you leave a thick crust a round the edge, you dont eat this ,its just for you to hold the pasty, because your hands would be really dirty, you would have noway to wash them and it allows you to hold the pasty , but not eat the dirty bits.
James

A gun without hammers, looks like a spaniel without ears
King George v

Posts: 29 | Location: staffordshire england | Registered: 17 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Oh man, you boys have got my saliva glands working overtime. My wife spent her early years in Butte, MT where those Cornish miners made their way to the copper mines. Every now and then, if I ask (beg, whine, plead) real nice she'll make a batch of pasties. Hot out of the oven covered with sausage gravy, or cold and dry in the lunch pail. Yum! Ooops, there goes the saliva glands again.

Sticks: how about "Squirrel Turnovers"?

"Any day you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good day"

Posts: 427 | Location: Northwestern California | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Pilgrim!---dogged if that don't ring a bell! "Squirrel Turnovers", hmmmm . . . "Limb Bacon Turnovers," hmmmm . . . yuuuum . . .

Thankee kindly!

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
There is a town in N.E. PA called Pen Argyl. It supposedly is a Welch name, I lived there for a few years. There was a business called "Mr.Pastie", they made all different kinds of pasties. Delicious, they're sold at local supermarkets and from their store. They even sell them frozen.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Yum!!