Notify
Tools

E-Z cobbler
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
OK here's one for your sweet tooth.
Preheat that Dutch oven
1 large can of favorite fruit (peaches, apples, pears) i like peaches.
1 package white cake mix
1 to 1 and 1/2 sticks butter
pour the whole can of fruit into oven
dump cake mix on top do not stir.
cut up butter and place on top of cake mix
sprinkle with cinnamon or a little fine brown sugar if you really like it sweet.
Place lid on oven and cook for about 45 minutes
ENJOY

Until next time keep your powder dry.
Big-D

Posts: 86 | Location: North central Alabama, Limestone County, Athens | Registered: 09 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of Talltree
posted Hide Post
Where I am from, we call it a "Dump Cake". I like to use "Pie Cherries" for the fruit, on chocolate cake mix. UmUmGood!

Talltree

Keep your tail high and dry!

Posts: 173 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of SCLoyalist
posted Hide Post
I found pretty much this same recipe in a folder that came with a Lodge Dutch oven. I use one can each (around 20 oz per can) of cherry, apple and peach pie filling, and everything else as described in Big-D's instructions. The cobbler usually goes pretty quick at a camp feed, and it's kind of fun listening to people trying to figure out the flavors.

Here's a health to the King and a lasting Peace. May Faction end and Wealth increase....Old Loyalist Ballad

Posts: 767 | Location: Panhandle Florida | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Hole-in-my-Hand
posted Hide Post
I've made a few cobblers using yellow cake mix, 1 or 2 cans of any fruit filling and a can of lemon lime soda.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Dang! This sounds good AND easy.

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I make cobbler, apple, peach, cherry, blueberry, etc.,in dutchoven with Pillsbury biscuit mix or make your own. Dump in fruit, mix dough & pour on top. Not PC with store bought, but good eatin"!

Posts: 302 | Location: Az. | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of bangfxr
posted Hide Post
That is something I make fer the boyo's after battle un its me ma's dump cake recipe. I use 2-3 cans of in season pie filling ie apple,and maybe chunked fresh rubarb, peach, blue berry in a Dutch oven, sprinkle dry yellow cake mix over it and a stick of butter sliced and placed all over the cake mix. place over coals and coals in the lid. After the cake mix is browned let it cool and with fresh boiled coffee a fine treat to top off a good event.

Families sleep peaceably in their beds at night as there are rough men about who will do violence in their behalf.

Posts: 48 | Location: Indianapolis. | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Learned this one in Boyscouts as Pinaple upside down cake. It was very good espeically after a diner of charred hot dogs and underdone baked potatos.

Posts: 129 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Yup,Dump Cake......Try some canned pineapple chunks added to a can of favorite pie filling for the filling,otherwise as stated,been a favorite of my family forever,not to mention easy for young guys to make as an intro to cooking.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah,just in case someone's never done this,leave the liquid in with the fruit.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Big-D I tried it with self-rising flour. Like I was making biscuits. Good.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
I like to use apples and a spice cake mix.

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post