MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Webmaster    Mrs. Scurlock Please help ?'s on posting Quotes from articles.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mrs. Scurlock Please help ?'s on posting Quotes from articles.
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
Picture of WIND RIVER MAN
posted
Hello , Mrs Linda
I have a question about posting quote into the disscussion. These disscussions relie very heavily upon research. Many want to see "where did you read that, How do you know?"
They all want and need as I want and need to give references, A bibliography to say.

So if I want to put a quote into the disscussion and give credit to the author and where the quote is originated is that ok?
Hope this makes sense.
WRM

Posts: 65 | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted Hide Post
WRM, yes, that does make sense, and that's exactly the correct way to credit an author. Just give the title of the work and the author and indicate with quotation marks his/her words. There's more to it for publication in our magazine, but in this situation that is enough. You credit another website basically the same way, but instead of giving the title of the book/magazine, you give the title of the site and any author or editor listed. And of course a link is always helpful, but since websites change that's not actually always enough. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of WIND RIVER MAN
posted Hide Post
quote:
New

Thanks so much for the fast reply and the post about copyright images!
WRM

Posts: 65 | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post