Find
Notify
Tools

May/June Delivery Issues
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted
Hello, the 'Fire! We've gotten several calls from subscribers in the last few days regarding their May/June issue being late. Rest assured that we delivered the magazines to the post office at the usual time, and they are definitely on the way!

In their latest round of cutting costs and reducing service, the USPS closed the mail sorting facility here in Texarkana. Our mail now has to be trucked to Shreveport and then to Dallas, where it is redirected for delivery all over, both domestically and internationally. Previously it went straight from here to Dallas. Naturally, officials at the USPS assured us that there would be no effect on delivery, but shockingly that is not proving to be the case. (It has also resulted in a rate increase that was previously undisclosed-surprise!) However, rather than merely adding another day's transport time, it appears to have added as much as three or four, possibly a week.

The closure of the mail sorting facility was announced during production of the current issue and took effect within just a few weeks of the announcement, leaving us with little time to prepare. We are already making plans to do what we can to alleviate the delivery problems by moving up the production schedule so we can deliver the next issue to the post office even earlier than usual.

Another issue appears to be related to the placement of MUZZLELOADER on newsstands nationwide, i.e. guys getting annoyed that it's on the newsstand but they haven't gotten their issue in the mail yet. Hopefully getting the magazine in the mail earlier will also alleviate this problem. However, I commonly see magazines to which I subscribe on the newsstand before I have received my copy in the mail. So we aren't the only publication that has this problem, and if those much larger publications can't always get my mailed copy to me before it appears on the newsstand, it's bound to happen to our subscribers sometimes as well. We are glad that the newsstand experiment is bringing attention to our sport and to MUZZLELOADER. We need this growth to remain viable. So we would ask for your patience and understanding the next time you see the new issue on a newsstand and yours hasn't arrived yet.

We do not take our commitment to timely delivery lightly and make every effort to maintain a consistent schedule. Hopefully, with the new production schedule and earlier delivery to the post office, you will receive the July/August issue in a more timely fashion.

As for the May/June issue, the post office has always advised one to allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of periodical class mail. However we only ask you to wait until May 20 (U.S. only; allow at least two months for international delivery). If you still haven't received your magazine by then, please call the office and let us check it out.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
Linda

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linda Scurlock,

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Newoodsrunner
posted Hide Post
HI Linda no prpblem here in the New England area my friend and i received ours yesterday 5-3-11unfortunely i have read all the articles last night before i fell asleep again a real fine job the staff has done putting out the magazine

Posts: 461 | Location: SW Okla | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
No problem here, the extra wait just makes it that much sweeter when it arrives! Big Grin

Posts: 349 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 14 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
I thank the good Lord I had a doctors appointment the day my copy arrived! Made the 2 hour wait seem like 2 minutes! Thanks Muzzleloader Magazine!

Posts: 137 | Location: Former Yooper,Now in the GLORIOUS PICTURESQUE THUMB OF MICHIGAN | Registered: 02 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Still nothing. My wife is enjoying it as she likes watching me lose my composure and fret about it....I am almost ready to start checking my nieghbors' mailboxes to make sure it wasn't put in there by mistake!! LOL.

Adam W.

Posts: 23 | Location: East Florida | Registered: 01 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Dang - All the way up in New England already and not here in Waco, TX. Man, that is un-American Smiler

"But I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest rock that the Almighty ever made on this earth, and I can find no sign on it." Bear Claw Chris Lapp

Posts: 516 | Location: Ft Parker/Ft Manuel Lisa | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
I received mine a few days ago Smiler

Sparks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post