Find
Notify
Tools

Somehow...
 Login/Join

Factor
posted
Hi!
Sometime during the summer, when I was gallivanting across NM, TX, AZ, MT and ID chasing smoke, my profile got flushed from the Campfire! I sent about four emails without receiving a response, so I went into the membership application and told it I forgot my password (I had already tried this earlier). At any rate, after putting in my email address, it told me there was no user with that email address.

So I registered as a NEW MEMBER! This will be message #2, which ignores the other 3,000 plus messages I have! Please meld all these back together for me, please!

Sparks!
I even had to come up with an new username because "Sparks" was already in use!

"I thought when you said you chased tornadoes, it was just a metaphor."
--soon to be ex-fiance in Twister

Posts: 247 | Location: Boise | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Linda,
Thanks for fixing this! Good to be 'my old self' again. Smiler
Sparks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Just now I was chuckling at your last post. Missus Sticks wanted to know what I was grinning about. I said, "O, Sparks's dry wit." She said, "Hmmmm, that doesn't go togther, 'sparks and dry wit'."

I reckon she knowed about your fire fightin' after all the years we've been palaverin'.

Now I guess I live with a dry wit, m'self . . .

Wary'sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Mr and Mrs Sticks,
It's good to hear from you!
Sparks

Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
I've been wondering where you've been, Sparks.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Dick,
Now you know! I won't say it's been non-stop since we talked to each others answering machines in May. I had a few weeks lull after that NM fire to wait for OWCP to determine I was fit to go back to work after the vehicle I was in was backed into while on that fire. Another gap for almost the entire month of August, and I was out of action a week when I celebrated my anniversary on the Oregon coast. I didn't get back from the SE Texas wildfires until after Halloween--I went as a firefighter this year Wink.

Sparks

Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Well, that's gotta be more exciting than being an Information Officer! My experience with grass fires and wheat-stubble fires in Kansas, though, makes me think I would enjoy it for just a short while!

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post