Find
Notify
Tools

Guests on the forum
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted
Everytime lately that I visit it seems I am the only member and there are 9 to 11 guests on the forum. As easy as it is to join and make posts, and as friendly a bunch as we, and we will never, ever pull your leg, I sure hope they will all join soon. Know what I mean?
Hombre del Bosque

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted Hide Post
Volie, I definitely hope so. I'm glad they're enjoying the 'Fire, but hopefully they'll join us after they see how friendly and helpful everyone is. Pull your leg?? You guys??? Never! -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Since the subject has been presented, I'll just mention that too often the traffic on our forum is much too light. I count myself among the lazy as well. Often when I check in (I check every day) and not seeing any new threads or posts I go on to other things. I'm afraid others do the same. Are we ALL that far into our dotage?

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Hunts4Deer
posted Hide Post
Well if you delete your cookies, the next time you view the discussions you are shown as a guest until you again log in to post something. These guests are probably mostly members who did not sign in.

John
Vive le Roy!

Posts: 513 | Location: Colony of Maryland | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Will Ghormley
posted Hide Post
There have been an awful lot of internet disruptions in my neck of the woods. For a while, I could visit the site but not log in. Hopefully that is behind me for a while.

Even tho I slunk around in the shadows for years, listenin' to the chatter from the fire, now that I've pulled up a log, it has become my prime source of entertainment and enlightenment...short of The Good Book that is.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only outlaws will be free." Will Ghormley

In 1913, the gold and silver backed dollar was worth a dollar. Today, that same greenback is worth 3 cents. In just under 100 years, the Federal Reserve Bank has made the dollar virtually worthless. Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths. Compensate for your weaknesses." Will Ghormley

Posts: 657 | Location: Ankeny, Iowa | Registered: 28 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of J. B. Flincher
posted Hide Post
I too sometime don't log in unless i need to post, im like Will i enjoy the new post's as well as sometimes just going through the old posts ive lernt a lot on here.sometimes ill be in here several times a day unless i can go hunting

Just because its legal doesn't mean its right....if you always do right then you are never wrong.

Posts: 153 | Location: northwestern Missouri | Registered: 05 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
I also don't sign in unless I have something to post, plus I've referred others to the campfire if they're interested in muzzleloading and have questions.

Scarhand

Posts: 226 | Location: Fort Hall, ID | Registered: 11 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
This is a sort of a PS. Scarhand came to the fire for a couple months before he finally broke down and begged me to help fill out the forms to become a member. And as most of you know, I do the all typing, so he doesn't actually sign in at all.

Mrs. Scarhand

Scarhand

Posts: 226 | Location: Fort Hall, ID | Registered: 11 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of arkansawwind
posted Hide Post
Fellers, I admit it.I AM A LURKER! I usually dont sign in unless I have something to say ( like now). I am lurking 2 to 4 times a day. In defence of all us lurkers. A mountain man lurks or stay hidden untill he wants the other feller to know he is around. In honor of that proud tradition I am goona lurk! HE haw yours arkansawwind

Posts: 745 | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Cado
posted Hide Post
I plead guilty. I check in 5 or 6 times a day to see whats going on. I should log in and post more, heck we all should. We all have good stories to tell.

Posts: 617 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
I logged in a long time ago and I don't log out. I visit the campfire once a day so my login stays current. So when I get here I am automatically listed as a member. Hmmmnnnn...
Hope there is nothing wrong with this, hee, hee.
Hombre del Bosque

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
I have been on for some time. A few weeks ago I posted what I was reading and that got some activity on that forum. I often visit when I have a question but will visit if I am working on projects.
Matter of fact I have a good question and will post.

Posts: 210 | Location: Fingerlakes | Registered: 02 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Bookie
posted Hide Post
Leon Red Beard, I don't believe you know how to log out. Fiddlesticks 'n me been watchin' over you, though. You know...just in case... Cheers, Bookie

Newton Lodge #59 AF & AM

Posts: 2007 | Location: Corn Patch, Iowa | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Psssst . . . Bookie! The last thing Ol' Volie needs is a pair of Guardian Angels like us . . . but I will if you will! We'll call ourselves "The Spirits of the Baldnobbers!"

Volie'll have to figger out what that is in Spanish; 'ccordin' to Audie, he cain't speak English no more.

Haintin'sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Bookie
posted Hide Post
Ooooh. Ooooh. I always wanted ta be a haint 'er sumthing like that all offishul like. My wife always calls me sum sorta spook anyhow. Imajin: 'Sticks & Bookie, Guardian Angels, Inc. Don't that jist trip off yer tounge? Lucky for Volie we's on the job! Bookie the Boo

Newton Lodge #59 AF & AM

Posts: 2007 | Location: Corn Patch, Iowa | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post