Find
Notify
Tools

video
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted
I would like to post a video but I can't seem to do it. Advice?
I think someone posted a tutorial but I don't even know where to look for it.
Thanks.
Hombre del Bosque

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted Hide Post
Volie, I did a search and found the following old posts of mine:

"The video link in the green bar [above the message window, 2nd button from the right] only works for a video that's been uploaded to a website, like youtube. On youtube there is a link, on the lower right of the screen, I think, were you can get the "embed" code for the video you are viewing. Copy and paste this code between the little code snippets that you get when you click the green button, and that video will be linked to in your post.

"To add a video from your own computer, use the "Add Attachment?" link below the message box. I tried it using a video from my iPhone, which is a .mov format file. It was really large and took a while to upload. I don't have the program to adjust the size of the file, but I would suggest that you do that before uploading. The limit I have set is 40,000 Kb, which should equal about 2 minutes, but that depends on the quality of the video, etc."

I don't know about a tutorial. I suggest you don't try to type the address of the YouTube video; any little error will cause it not to work. Just copy and paste it. And when I said it took a while to upload, bear in mind that we have a really fast connection here. So if you have a fairly slow connection, it will be worse. In fact, it took a couple of tries for both methods to get the upload to work.

Good luck!

Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Thanks Linda,
I believe I tried the button for videos. My problem is I just can't understand the copy and paste thingy. My wife has shwon me how repeatedly and I just can't seem to make it work. I will try the Add Attachment? button. I believe my video is only 7000 KBs.
Volie

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Dear Linda,
I tried the attachment button. After about a minute it told me that my video is the wrong format.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted Hide Post
Leon, videos are only enabled in the Gallery forums. The available formats are: avi, mp3, mp4, mpg, mov, rm, and wmv. What format is your video? -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Linda,
Thanks, I am not sure what it is. But I will give it a try.
León

pistuo deo lalo