Notify
Tools

New Forum Suggestions
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Crawdad
posted Hide Post
Please no politics!!!
On other boards I couldn't believe the number of stinkin TROLLS that suddenly make thier appearance as soon as you mentioned the election. I guess that's what they do using their suped up search engines to monitor 'Firearm' boards and as soon as you say anything they don't like they appear and as soon as you can blink they're gone.
The damage and the destruction they leave behind ain't pretty!!! Frowner

Posts: 678 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
As a new member of the board, where's a good place to introduce myself?

Maybe a General Discussion forum is needed?

Don't worry about life, you're not going to survive it anyway.

Posts: 40 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Say BadKarma,

Welcome aboard. Generally the Tall Tales section is for yarns, introductions and stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Stick around, learn, and teach when you can. Lots of knowledgeable and friendly people on this list...maybe some of their good karma will rub off.

Sparks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks sparks.

As for the Karma, I'm only "BadKarma" for my opponents. Wink

Don't worry about life, you're not going to survive it anyway.

Posts: 40 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
IMO, politics (and religion) have no place on good muzzleloading sites...and they are not needed.

Those forums ALWAYS degenerate into a small camp of a few people who live in them using it as their own 'bully pulpit', as their own 'chat room' if you will. Soon a clique is formed and they then usually attack any other member's opinion en masse, who dares to post something counter to the clique's established political position.

Stick with the mission and purpose of this muzzleloading site...expand to include other ML related areas as appropriate of course...but do NOT set up politics and religious forums...to do so just establishes a place for them to congregate, and worse, condones the behavior which ALWAYS gets out of hand...tainting the reputation of more than one good ML site.

My .02 cents

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
If you want to talk (lie) politics,get elected.If you want to talk religion go to church.If you want to talk M/L,B/P,Rondy's your in the right place.Just dont be overly surprized if you still get in some indepth (arguments)discussions.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Will Ghormley
posted Hide Post
Politics and Religion, two of my favorite topics! As an ordained minister and a Patriot, I got no use for folks who practice either and miss the whole reason for 'em to start with!

Skinnin' 'coon, the smell of black powder in the mornin', a deep strong stream, folks around a fire, now them's some things to dwell on.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only outlaws will be free." Will Ghormley

In 1913, the gold and silver backed dollar was worth a dollar. Today, that same greenback is worth 3 cents. In just under 100 years, the Federal Reserve Bank has made the dollar virtually worthless. Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths. Compensate for your weaknesses." Will Ghormley

Posts: 657 | Location: Ankeny, Iowa | Registered: 28 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Will,
You join a bunch of ministers on this site.

Hombre del Bosque, Fiddlesticks, and Snakebite for three. Seems there are more but I can't remember...

Sparks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Will Ghormley
posted Hide Post
Hey Sparks,

I've kind'a picked up on that over the months I been nosin' around here. But, spiritual affiliation aside, I find I've got a lot more in common with folks who hang out around campfires than most other crowds.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only outlaws will be free." Will Ghormley

In 1913, the gold and silver backed dollar was worth a dollar. Today, that same greenback is worth 3 cents. In just under 100 years, the Federal Reserve Bank has made the dollar virtually worthless. Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths. Compensate for your weaknesses." Will Ghormley

Posts: 657 | Location: Ankeny, Iowa | Registered: 28 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Tin-Type
posted Hide Post
TO LINDA,

I suggest we start with Sgt. Steve Cole.. Right now he is in the Middle East.. I think he is do back before Christmas... Besides the photos of him in Mike N. art. on little shoots, I took several others at the Turkey shoot in Nov... Tell me what you need as to pix info. and I can forward them to you... I have no photos of him in uniform... Only from the turkey shoot... As Mike N. said, it was a small "FUN" shoot... I was my usual "can't hit the broad side of a barn self", but had a great time... Sgt. Cole is the only current service member photo I have.

All of the ones I have are yours to use anytime..

'Til yer nightmares become saddled horses'
"Tin-Type"

Posts: 615 | Location: North Seattle, Salish Sea Area | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post