New
Find
Notify
Tools

miss linda
 Login/Join

Free Trapper
posted
hello i have a question for you, how do i go about changeing my name as it shows up on the forume currently its john b. evans but want to change it to my e-mail name of fire lock , how do i gop about changeing it would apreciate it very much for your help.
oh by the by i want to thank you and your husband very much for every thing the two of you do for the folks shooting blk powder for the magazine and this forume, your doing a great job.

Posts: 196 | Location: kenai peninsula alaska | Registered: 09 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted Hide Post
John, only an administrator can change a member's display name, so I'll be glad to take care of that for you. Tell me how you want it: one word or two? uppercase or not? -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
dear miz linda just simply firelock and it really does`nt matter if its upper or lower case ither one would be fine with me.
and thank you so much, you folks are just too good. sincerly john

Posts: 196 | Location: kenai peninsula alaska | Registered: 09 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
John, there's a little problem. Another member already has the name firelock. How about a variation? -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
miz linda well i could go with firelock48 as it is in my yahoo account moniker would that work ?

i`d even go for firelock ak.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
John, that worked. You're now Firelock48! If there is a problem or you decide you want something else, just let me know. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Hi Linda, You guys do such an incredible job with you magazine. I just wanted to thank you for that.

Favor! I would like to change my name to "Longshot". The other is my SASS name and not appropriate, according to my wife, who suggested this one since that's what I like doing. If that one isn't available my second choice would be "Scout" sine that is what I do as well.

Thanks for helping with this. All the best to all of you at Muzzleloader.

Have a great day,

Jim

"Don't Retreat, just reload"

Posts: 411 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Jim, I am happy to help. Longshot was taken, so I changed your name to Scout. Let me know if that's OK. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Hi Linda,

Thanks so much for doing that for me. I really appreciate it. "Scout" it is.

Jim

"Don't Retreat, just reload"

Posts: 411 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Miss Linda - With all this talk of name changing, I too would like to make a chance - actually, a simplification. Can you change my name to just "Boone". That is actually my first name, and it does fit in. Yes, I am an 8th great grandson of Daniel, from his son Nathan.

Thanks, appreciate the help with this.

Boone
(current name Boone Morrison)

Posts: 728 | Location: Volcano, Hawaii | Registered: 22 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Boone, I'm sorry but the name "Boone" is already in use. Perhaps you can come up with a variation of it. Let me know. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Miss Linda - Ha! An IMPOSTER!!! :-)
Ok, how about Col Boone?

Boone

Posts: 728 | Location: Volcano, Hawaii | Registered: 22 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Col. Boone, it is! Let me know if that's ok. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Miss Linda - That is just fine, though a part of me feels I am taking some liberties in promoting myself to a title I have not yet earned..."Col"...but, at my advanced age I suppose that is an acceptable "honorary rank" :-) Thanks.

Col Boone

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well, Boone, here in the South, the title "Colonel" has long been an honorary one bestowed on estimable gentlemen of a certain age. Seems like a good fit to me. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Miss Linda- I guess I best not argue with you! I can handle the "of a certain age" (that fits), but the "estimable" part remains to be seen. Regardless, I am glad to be able to use my own, actual name - helps me remember it. :-)

By the way, the magazine, Campfire, and most of all the direction you have taken is "estimable" as I see it. Thanks profoundly for what you do!

Col Boone

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Boone, thanks for your nice compliment. We truly enjoy doing it. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Greenhorn
Picture of Doc Muzzy
posted Hide Post
Miss Linda! Please allow me to announce that the designation Col. for Boone is now official. You see, I felt so sorry for our friend Boone that I procured for him a Kentucky Colonel's Commission! He is now a real Colonel! maybe even the complete nut . . .

Let Doc shoot YOU with his Canon!

Posts: 1 | Location: Lexington Kentucky | Registered: 15 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Doc: Aw, so kind of you, Sir! I accept the (dubious?) honor you have bestowed upon me.
Now, where is my Orderly?.....:-)

Col Boone

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Colonel. Good job, Doc! -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing