Find
Notify
Tools

Campfire Closing on Feb. 13
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Newoodsrunner
posted Hide Post
thank you Jason you won't regret it there are some very knowledgeable people on here and have been known to police this form keeping it to a high standard keep your blades sharp and your powder dry I ee feathers on the ridge line

Posts: 461 | Location: SW Okla | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Will have to have a celebration drink on that news thank you Jason.....Smiler

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VALongrifle:
Got the message today in reply to my email...here it is...

Mr. Mooney, Thank you very much for the kind words about MUZZLELOADER. I am very proud of the magazine and elated to be a part of it.

"I have received several emails from members of the Campfire and though initially I did not want to take on the forum due to time constraints, I have changed my mind. You all are a good bunch of people and that forum doesn’t seem to have the same issues that some of the other internet forums have. So I will be taking over the Campfire and continuing forward with it. Though I will be approaching a few of you to become moderators to make sure that the forum stays on the same track as was laid by Bill & Linda. Thank you, Jason W. Gatliff"

The woods are filled with elk, and the streams with beaver...
YAHOO!
Pat

That's the reply I was talking about earlier...didn't know if it was appropriate to post his actual personal Email content so I simply typed (posted) the main point of it

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Sounds great!
I will continue to read and contribute.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
As promised, thank you Jason. This is very much appreciated.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Posts: 849 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Roundball...sorry, didn't see the harm since this clearly stated Jason's intent regarding the forum and thus, in his own words, showed his appreciation and respect for what was built here. I was moved by his words, and I figured others would be as well.

Stay off the skyline,
Pat

Posts: 13 | Location: foothills of the Blue Ridge, at the meeting of the Mountain and Carolina Roads  | Registered: 15 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
Oh, to be clear, I wasn't taking issue with you posting it...I was just explaining why I didn't post it earlier

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Walna, iffen thet don't shine!

Here's a heartfelt thanks to all of you that contacted Jason and clued him into what the CAMPFIRE is all about. It's more than just a part of MUZZLELOADER, it is part of who we are, what we do and why we are here.

Keep an eye to the ridgeline......'n' Shining Times Furever!!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deercop
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Thank you Jason for taking over The Campfire. Sure would hate to lose my friends here, and all the great information that is here.

Posts: 649 | Location: Clovis, New Mexico | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
That is great news. There is just too much outstanding information on the forum to be lost in cyberspace, er I mean, lost in the mist of time. yep that sounds better LOL... Anyway, very proud that the "Fire" is still lit.

Thanks Jason.... Bobby

Posts: 56 | Location: Southwest Arkansas | Registered: 09 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Man that was close! I'm still to much the newbe to be posting anything great or important but I always start my day with a cup of coffee and the Campfire. Thank you Jason

Posts: 82 | Location: north georgia | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Thank you for keeping the campfire lit....best news I've heard in awhile.
This site is a great way to relax...to learn....and to share.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
YAHOOOOO !!! This news makes me smile !! Thanks Jason.

Rupe/PA

Posts: 467 | Location: NW Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I've been preparing myself for several days to bid farewell to Mz Linda et.al, all my mates around the campfire and bid adieu. I already am a member of a few other camps and also threw my duffle over at the LongHunter camp. But Campfire was the very first forum I fell in with.

But now it appears Mr. Gatliff has decided to keep our rondie going. Wonderful news. I hope this pans out as well as we all hope and expect. But still, Mz Linda and Mr Scurlock, "voya con Dios". Welcome back, guys!

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Publisher - MUZZLELOADER"
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kind words everyone. I also beg you all to have patience with me as I learn my way around this forum and how to use this software.
Thank you,
Jason Gatliff

Jason Gatliff
Historical Enterprises, LLC

Posts: 6 | Location: Gallatin, TN | Registered: 05 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Good news. And appreciated.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Jason if you are willing to keep the Fire burning,,we will haul wood/buffalo chips,what ever it takes......This site is by far the best,I quit several others because of the foolishness,experts on them..I was lost when I read the Camp Fire was going under.You will not be dissapointed,if you go back and read some of the history it is impressive.Thank You for keeping the Fire going,Looking forward to setting around the warmth for years to come.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Been away recovering from a serious illness this winter that forced my retirement, and came across this thread, and must also add my thanks to the owner for maintaining it in it's high quality. I have learned much from you all, and hope that I offered something in return....good to be back here.....Gary

" You do with your scalp as you wish and don't be telling us what to with ours."

Posts: 158 | Location: lake champlain, vt | Registered: 03 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you've recovered to the point of being able to join the conversation...I'm a bit of a cripple myself,though I expect to rejoin the ranks of wage-slaves.....looking forward to talking.....here,have a cuppa...

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post