New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma Points
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
How does one go about getting karma points, and what is the significace of the karma levels?

"We were now about to penetrate a country at least two thousand miles in width, on which the foot of civilized man had never trodden ... I could but esteem this moment of my departure as among the most happy of my life."

—Meriwether Lewis

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Mill, South Carolina | Registered: 29 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted Hide Post
Blueridger, you get a so-called "karma" point for each post you post. So you have 46. Four more posts and you will be a "pilgrim." You can see the list of "karma titles" by clicking Karma under the Go menu. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
thanks. I understand now.

"We were now about to penetrate a country at least two thousand miles in width, on which the foot of civilized man had never trodden ... I could but esteem this moment of my departure as among the most happy of my life."

—Meriwether Lewis

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Mill, South Carolina | Registered: 29 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Linda,
My karma has been frozen! My last five posts said "896." Did I do something to earn "cold karma, perhaps in a past life?" If so, can I come back as a snow leopard next time?
Sparks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well, Sparks, I can't imagine what's going on. I see that your last posted "counted." Hmmm, it's a mystery. Let me know if it freezes again. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Bookie
posted Hide Post
Miz Linda, Can you send me some of that karma stuff? It has to help......I'm so ugly, people think I'm related to Sticks 'er somethin',an' I jist gotta do something afore they think I look like Mike Nesbitt!! Pore homely Bookie

Newton Lodge #59 AF & AM

Posts: 2007 | Location: Corn Patch, Iowa | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Blueridger,
To answer your other question (i.e. what is the significance of karma points): They are a direct indication of how much free time you have and how verbose you are. You can usually spot the retirees by the sheer weight of their posts (lol). Smiler

"Any day you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good day"

Posts: 428 | Location: Northwestern California | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Reply to Blue Ridger,Bearclaw Grizlap made that statement not Jeremiah Johnson

Posts: 359 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 16 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Miss Linda could you tell me how to change my display name?
Thank you very kindly!

Posts: 359 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 16 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Dsattler, your display name can only be changed by an administrator. So just let me know what you want it to be and I'll take care of it. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Factor
posted Hide Post
Dear Linda,

Please send poor ol' Bookie a whole keg of that karma. Tell him to smear it all over himself. With the shape he's in he'll look like a karmal apple.

Your friend,

Fiddlesticks

P.S. I am not mad at him for his mean, mean, mean remark about me. However, he was right about Mike Nesbitt.

Fair ye well

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hi Linda,thank you for answering me!Could you please change my display name to 45-120 sharps. thank you very much!

Booshway
posted Hide Post
OK, 45-120 sharps, you're it. If you meant for "sharps" to be capitalized, just let me know and I'll change it. And Fiddlesticks, if you thinks I'm getting mixed up in that contretemps....oh, no, not me! -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Factor
posted Hide Post
Hmmm..... Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post