MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Webmaster    Sept / Oct Issue of Muzzleloader
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sept / Oct Issue of Muzzleloader
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted
Pretty good issue...I particularly liked the hunting article, page 33, by Richard Roach.

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Cado
posted Hide Post
I agree, good articles this month. I also ordered the Flintlock hunting DVD'S from Brian Beckum that Bill wrote in "Prime Possibles" and they are worth every penny, very well done.

Posts: 617 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
I hunt the same way, camo pants and all...I'm dedicated to hunting with Flintlocks but wear modern 6 pocket pants because they're rugged with big pockets, regular shirts/coats, strong boots, etc...but otherwise its Flintlocks, real black, and patched balls...even have a hat like Richard's Smiler

Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I am in whole hog. This is going to be a very good year to cruise the mountains my my Wilde Weavery Match coat and NIH!

Rich
The process is more important than killing something.

Posts: 363 | Registered: 25 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
I applaud your position in your journey...I'm still at the point where I travel TO the woods on Goodyear rubber tires, and travel THROUGH the woods on Goodyear lug soles Smiler

Hunt Like The Settlers

Booshway
posted Hide Post
I am not special by any means. I just choose a flinter to test myself against a 250 year old tradition in the western colonies. Wool is warm.

Rich
making slow and oft painful progress...

Posts: 363 | Registered: 25 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post