New
Find
Notify
Tools

Note from the Publisher
 Login/Join

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
I am a late comer to the magazine. I think you have done a wonderful job with it. It was through reading your magazine I remembered how much I love history and black powder.
God bless you on your new path.

anything worth shooting is worth shooting once.

Posts: 126 | Location: Demokratik Republik of Washington | Registered: 29 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted Hide Post
Hi, Mike, at this time, we plan to continue to provide the Campfire in its present format. We are going to continue to publish black powder books and books on American history, and we consider the Campfire a very valuable way of sharing these interests with newcomers and supporting our sport. Thanks, Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well, I plan to continue to receive Muzzleloader and wish the Best for the Scurlocks

"But I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest rock that the Almighty ever made on this earth, and I can find no sign on it." Bear Claw Chris Lapp

Posts: 516 | Location: Ft Parker/Ft Manuel Lisa | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to the Scurlocks, and thanks for all of the the information I've garnered over time from your publications. Bud

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Best of everyting,you have left a very high bench mark to fill and I hope he can do it,as it will take more effort then was given with OTT.

Posts: 81 | Location: N W Florida | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Best to you both as you turn another page in life.
Sparks

"I thought when you said you chased tornadoes, it was just a metaphor."
--soon to be ex-fiance in Twister

Posts: 247 | Location: Boise | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Best wishes an enjoy your time..'ll

Been into muzzeloading for almost 40+ years fairly new to scratch building. But prescribes just seem to take all the frustrations out.So to me it's not as much fun. Would like to meet some. people on here to learn more. Maybe in time. Recently retired so have time to learn. Special thanks to Hoot AL for his advice..Good site

Posts: 11 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 19 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thank you, for so many years of enjoyment.
may you enjoy your sunsets at your own pace from now on.

I will not trade freedom or dignity for a handout.

Posts: 27 | Location: Colorados High Country | Registered: 03 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I've been busy this summer, and away from the campfire....although late, I too would like to wish only the best to the Scurlocks, and also say that I look forward to each new issue of " Muzzleloader". I hope to take a more active part in the forum, as I really appreciate the quality of the posters, and have learned a whole lot from all of you.....Gary

" You do with your scalp as you wish and don't be telling us what to with ours."

Posts: 158 | Location: lake champlain, vt | Registered: 03 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of 1720Todd
posted Hide Post
I have been reading, and enjoying, Muzzleloader magazine since 1990. I even had a couple letters to the editor published.

When I was in the Marine Corps it helped me get through some difficult times. On one deployment I read one issue cover to cover, every word, probably 7 times. It never got old to me.

As an Marine Corps infantry machinegunner, MOUT instructor and weapons instructor I fired so many weapons systems it wasn't funny, but I will always go back to my flintlock.

You all have done a wonderful job keeping Muzzleloader magazine current and exciting. Not many publishers are able to do that, especially on a subject that is not as popular as most. You should be commended for this. The articles have always been a pleasure to read and the subjects true to your readers interests.
When I read that you were handing the reins over to Jason, I must admit, I was a little worried. I honestly felt as though I had just lost something dear to me. However, Jason is doing a great job.

Please take my blessings on a great, new adventure as a sign that you are a true friend to me. Though never meeting you all I feel as though you have sat next to my fire many times and we have shared many great stories together.
May you always have fair winds and following seas.

Posts: 88 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 07 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted Hide Post
Todd, your note, as well as all the others, means a lot to both Bill and me. Bill has always said that he isn't really a publisher, just a muzzleloader who publishes a magazine and a few books. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to share a campfire with many of you in years to come. Thank you for your service to America and for being a reader all these years. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post