Find
Notify
Tools
REMINDER: NO FLAMING
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted
Hello the 'Fire! Sadly I need to remind everyone that no flaming is allowed around our Campfire. What is "flaming"? That's slang for personal attacks. Remember that many beginners like to just lurk and read and learn, and I know we all want to be welcoming to them. Folks here are friendly and trying to be helpful, so try to keep an open mind to all questions, suggestions and responses. Thanks. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Report This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
yes'm.
mind yer topknot! windy

Posts: 487 | Location: wetside o' washington | Registered: 14 October 2005Report This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
i hope we got this fixed,it was beginin to look like another forum just down the road .

Posts: 334 | Location: s central pa just about nowhere | Registered: 21 January 2007Report This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
What flaming? I read dang near everything posted here and I didn't see any flaming. Or maybe I'm just too dang thick to recognize it.

Three Hawks

Posts: 506 | Location: Puget Sound Area | Registered: 26 May 2008Report This Post
Hivernant
Picture of BP Shooter
posted Hide Post
Yeh I agree , what flaming ? This is what I like about this forum nobody jumps all over you like that other muzzleloader forum. In fact I left that other forum because people were so mean spirited there.
quote:
Originally posted by Three Hawks:
What flaming? I read dang near everything posted here and I didn't see any flaming. Or maybe I'm just too dang thick to recognize it.

Three Hawks

Posts: 103 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 18 November 2008Report This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
This has to be one of the best overall sites I have joined, friendly doesn't begin to describe it. Thank you

Dave

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 91 | Location: New Mexico, below the Sacramento Mts. | Registered: 10 December 2006Report This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
YES MAM...............

Posts: 358 | Location: Flat Lands of West Tennessee | Registered: 03 December 2004Report This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
"NO FLAMING", shall be inscribed on all obelisks, temples and public buildings, so let it be done.

My personal observation is that this is the most genteel group I have ever palavered with.

say's Oracle

Posts: 601 | Location: In The Shadow Of Mt. St. Helens, Yakima | Registered: 31 October 2007Report This Post
<sparks>
posted
I have to agree with Chuckles. Just a wee bit of listing. An early correction will keep us on course. A word to the wise is sufficient.
Sparks

Report This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Well said, Sparks. A mark of good leadership is to ready the vessel before the storm actually hits.

This ol' salt salutes and says, "Yes Ma'am" to Cap'n Linda.

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Report This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
OK.
Wat happened?

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Report This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well said Ms Scurlock unfortunate,the obvious had to be brought to the attention of all.I feel,If I observe a wrong/slight it is up to the me to bring it to the attention of the offender.Again Thank you and WE will be more understanding of others in the future.

Three "R" Respect for self,Respect for others,Responsibility for all your actions.See you up the trail.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Report This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Si, MS. Linda,
Do you know that your name means 'pretty' en espanol? How's that for buttering up, hee, hee?

I admit to giving Fiddlesticks and oldfart a mighty hard time at times. If they did not return it in kind I would think they don't love me anymore.

If anyone interpreted this as flaming, I do most humbly apologize.

I want to also say that this is the greatest website I have ever been on. The friendly banter makes it even better.

I am so happy that this sight is available anywhere in the civilized world, because it is a touch of the world I left to come here.

Good job, Linda!

volatpluvia

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Report This Post
Booshway
Picture of arkansawwind
posted Hide Post
From arkansaw to everybody, Well folks we have been repremanded. It is a good point and well taken. Let each and everyone that uses this forum be especially carefull to not demene or insult anyone else. That being said. LETS MOVE ON. yours respectfully Arkansawwind

Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oracle:
"NO FLAMING", shall be inscribed on all obelisks, temples and public buildings, so let it be done.

Hey, Oracle, if yer tryin' ta quote from the movie "The Ten Commandments", it's "So let it be written, so let it be done."

Posts: 527 | Location: New Jersey(for now) | Registered: 24 September 2008Report This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Okay, I called him Audacious. I'm sorry. Humbled Mike

"Leave the gun, take the canoli"

Posts: 136 | Location: Billerica, Massa2shits | Registered: 26 October 2005Report This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Is this a great site or what?.. You guys (and gals) are great! Best regards. Rockerdog

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Report This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
Maybe there really wasn't any and she's just messin' with our heads !
Big Grin

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Report This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
RB, probably not. Most of our heads are already messed up and she's aware of it. I'm sure she wouldn't say it if she didn't mean it. All said, I like this forum as well because of the same reasons every one else does.... it's where the old guys meet!!!! ha ha ha

Posts: 155 | Location: michigan | Registered: 28 January 2008Report This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of Pvt. Potts
posted Hide Post
Gosh! Now I feel bad about saying Bookie looked like a "Buddha in bib overalls". That was meant as a description of his temperment, not physique! I'm just glad I didn't say anything bad about his vicious attack dogs!

"I sometimes wonder if the world is run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it?."

Posts: 176 | Location: The Wilds of Central Iowa | Registered: 20 January 2009Report This Post