Find
Notify
Tools

Campfire's First Lady
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted
Been a while...wondering if the Campfire's 'First Lady' is still coming along OK

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
To the gang, I just heard from Bill and Linda is doing very well. She even got back to the office three times last week to help with their bookkeeping and to pay some bills. Bill also told me that the November/December issue is ready for printing but we shouldn't look at it too closely because it didn't have the great benefits of Linda's proofreading. We'll have to see about that... Good doin's, a good report. Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update Mike. I've been wondering and praying. Good to know.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
Thanks...that is good news...hopefully she'll enjoy the upcoming holidays in fine shape.

Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thank for the update.Great news. Prayers still on going.
Ol Buff

I will not trade freedom or dignity for a handout.

Posts: 27 | Location: Colorados High Country | Registered: 03 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deercop
posted Hide Post
Good to hear.

Posts: 649 | Location: Clovis, New Mexico | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm glad to hear Linda is recovering.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
It's good to be reminded that God sure does answer prayers, and many times in the way we want! Wink I'm glad to hear Linda's doing better!
~Josh

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Great news, for sure. Things seem to feel a bit shaky without our leader.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I hear Linda is doing well, and has started back working half days!

Good do'ns Linda...we were all pulling for ya.

Sparks

"I thought when you said you chased tornadoes, it was just a metaphor."
--soon to be ex-fiance in Twister

Posts: 247 | Location: Boise | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you for the good wishes and prayers! I am glad to be back working part-time, and I'll be checking back in here more regularly now. Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! Bill and I took off a few days to visit family in North Carolina, but we're back home now and working on the Jan/Feb 2013 issue. Deadlines, deadlines! -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
Glad you're up an about Linda !

Hunt Like The Settlers

Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
Same hear!

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Linda, This child's really pleased to hear from you as well. Gettin' the news from "the old man" just isn't the same. Much better to hear it from you. Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post