MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Webmaster    Mar/Apr Issue Delayed by USPS
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mar/Apr Issue Delayed by USPS
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted
Hello the 'Fire!! Here's the latest on the missing Mar/Apr magazines. On Feb. 23 we delivered the mailing reports and postage funds to the Post Office here in Texarkana. On Tuesday, Feb. 27, we received a receipt from the USPS stating that the magazines had been mailed on Feb. 26.

This was a few days later than usual, so we weren't too surprised when our loyal readers noticed their magazines hadn't arrived the first of March. After all February is a short month, etc.

Usually when this happens, the calls taper off after a few days. Not this time. Late this week we initiated an investigation. Of course, our beloved USPS doesn't track bulk mail distribution, so the reports we received were verbal.

The best we've been able to piece together is this: the magazines left Texarkana by truck the evening of Feb. 26 to be delivered to Dallas on a regular route. We suspect that the facility in north Dallas was backed up and sat on the magazines for at least a week.

As of today we know of no one who has received his magazine. Normally we ask you to wait until the 15th and if you haven't gotten your magazine we will send you a replacement. We are going to have to ask you to wait until at least the 25th this time.

We apologize for the delay, but we are at the mercy of the USPS. Those of you here on the Campfire, please let us know when you receive your magazine.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We have greatly enjoyed hearing from so many of you. It's a pleasure to speak personally with so many of our great subscribers. In our 34 years of publishing MUZZLELOADER, this is a first--and we certainly hope it's the last!

Regards to all,
Linda and Bill

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Linda,
I haven't received mine yet, but today at the Cascade Mountain Men's Muzzleloading Gun Show in Monroe, Washington (where you should have a booth next year!) I actually saw a copy.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
GADS! And the fools want to raise the letter rates to .41, while mucking up the service. They wonder why folks send less and less throught the mail, yet offers for credit cards, aluminum siding, and refinancing my home at a higher percentage rate seem to arrive without fail in large amounts.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Ms Linda, I recieved my copy several days ago and as usual it is supurb in it's content. You guys always seem to improve with each issue which is in itself an amazing feat. I did notice that on my mailing label May/June07 was printed up near the top of the label, my question is- is this my last issue date of my current subscription? Just asking so I can reup if needed so I don't miss any issues. I've been a subscriber for many a year and only wish you guys could put the magazine out monthly because it is always so well done. Thanks much YMHS Birdman Benson

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of colonialblacksmith
posted Hide Post
You know what I'm thinking, the Taliban wear robes and the Postal workers wear shorts, do you see the connection? Exposed legs! Mr. President we have a security breech!

"Sorry MacAmlin were only taking men with long rifles"

Posts: 236 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Birdman, thanks so much for letting us know that the magazines are indeed going out. We were beginning to think they had dropped into a big black hole. As for your renewal, sounds like the May/June will be your last. Rest assured, however, Diana will be sending out renewal cards--yikes, did I just suggest you should rely on the distribution of a postcard by the USPS????? What am I thinking? I will check on your renewal myself tomorrow and let you know by smoking wire. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of colonialblacksmith
posted Hide Post
The new issue of Muzzleloader Magazine just hit the mail box here in southwest Michigan!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You,
Jeff

"Sorry MacAmlin were only taking men with long rifles"

Posts: 236 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Jeff, we are glad to hear it. We've gotten other confirmations of delivery also. Looks like the PO held up the entire shipment at least a week in Dallas. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Birdman, you were right; the May/June will be your last issue. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thanks Linda yer a doll

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I received my copy today. Well worth the wait. Tony

Posts: 349 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 14 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
I got mine Friday last week.

Posts: 1452 | Location: Good Ole USA of course! | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
I hope mine gets here soon! I'm getting the shakes waiting! That and for my free upgrade to Windows Vista for my new laptop!
volatpluvia

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Mitch
posted Hide Post
still nothing here in SW Colorado...

Ride the high trail...never tuck your tail
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population....

Posts: 787 | Location: Near the 4Corners..along the Escalante Trail | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Miz Linda - Th snow an th ice are finly receedin an th mail hast arrived with me Mag. Im guessin tha th chores fer th day are ovr whilst I set ta readin. Thankee.

Rupe

Posts: 467 | Location: NW Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
In order that I may be well prepared for the "Ides of March," I received my Muzzleloader magazine issue yesterday, March 13.
Sparks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys, for keeping up updated. Pondering the vagaries of our mail distribution system leaves me mystified. Got a call from Houston this morning from a subscriber who hasn't received his magazine yet. There's apparently no rhyme or reason to it, Mitch, so don't give up hope. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Factor
posted Hide Post
Got mine a couple of days ago. Seems like Mike N. is getting younger all the time.

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness! I got my magazine today. I was going into withdrawal! Glad the paper covers are back on! Stumpy.

Posts: 93 | Location: Eastern Washington in the Scabrock | Registered: 12 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
YIPPIE! got it today Big Grin

Didn't get a dang thing done...been readin when I should'da been workin. Roll Eyes

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post