MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Webmaster    Mar/Apr Issue Delayed by USPS
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mar/Apr Issue Delayed by USPS
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Nothing in La Grange,MAINE yet and I figured out a way to get the MUZZLE LOADER TO READ EVERY Month,not every two months.Order a stack of back issues, then all you have to do is TRY not to read them all at once.As my March copy hasn't gotten here yet, I've reread all the Black Powder/Hunting magazines I get every month.Sure hope I get to read something new real soon,standing by the mailbox is getting real old, but the weather has gotten warmer.Where's the Pinkertons when you really need them,Texas! don't they have Rangers,where's Walker.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Linda,
I got mine the other day. Fine issue! And I like the way you dressed up the paper covers.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Tuscarora
posted Hide Post
You will be pleased to hear that the post rider finally made it to California (although his horse was very lame.) My copy finally arrived today in Sacramento.

Tuscarora

Posts: 352 | Location: Nueva Helvetia en Alta California | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Huzzah! My magazine arrived in the mail today in good condition. I was somewhat flummoxed at first. I thought maybe the printer had made a mistake, and my cover was in black and white! Then I opened 'er up and there was the real cover in glorious technicolor. Thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing back the paper covers. Not as waterproof as the plastic bags, but will keep the beautiful cover artwork clean and sticker-free. Thank you!

"Any day you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good day"

Posts: 428 | Location: Northwestern California | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
All,

Frankly speaking of those paper covers, I think they are GREAT! First off, you still see the image of the magazine cover, albeit in bw, and the protective cover takes the address label leaving the full color one prestine. The stiff paper kept my magazine in mint condition.

Furthermore, the puplisher was wise enough to use the back of the protective outside cover for advertising space! Talk about the best of all worlds. We get protected magazines unbefouled by address labels and the publisher gets the advertising revenue to pay for the stiff paper cover. Now, if the publisher can just sell the ads on the back cover to someone besides themselves, they might could see some REAL revenue. Heck, they can put what is currently on the back of the protective cover and print it on the inside of the back cover, and sell ads for the space on the back of the protective cover. That far back page is prime advertising territory, and is what some news folks refer to as the 'second front page.'

Sparks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Linda; My magazine arrived yesterday in good shape. Although I will fall in line with the others that miss the plastic cover. Did you consider an opaque cover? That would protect your wonderful publication from the elements and lessen the chance of offending the fragile sensibilities of our liberal Massachusetts Moonbats by exposing them to pictures of men with guns. Please, do it for "The Children". Thanks; Mike

"Leave the gun, take the canoli"

Posts: 136 | Location: Billerica, Massa2shits | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Mitch
posted Hide Post
got home last nite after work,35 miles of wondering if the mailbox would hold the awaited treasure or just more "you may have won a million dollars" and other assorted important mail....let's see, walmart ad,dish network,you may have won..,learn to be a dog groomer in your spare time ad......and there it was!! Muzzleloader!! in it's new cover(which is great, by the way)....took me a few minutes to calm down, do a few chores, walk the dogs..and finally the chance to peruse the publication...thanks.....I really wasn't too worried about it arriving-it always does...and I have every issue since 1985...Mitch

Ride the high trail...never tuck your tail
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population....

Posts: 787 | Location: Near the 4Corners..along the Escalante Trail | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hello. I received my copy of Muzzleloader
today in Memphis Tn. Thank you for the
protective cover.

Posts: 358 | Location: Flat Lands of West Tennessee | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Shore hoe mine gets here soon!
volatpluvia

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
It's funny that I'm closer here in Oklahoma than some of the other guys and I got mine today. Gotta love rural carriers for at least getting it to me. The problem is, I'm done and waiting on the next one. Oh well, I guess I reread it....

Posts: 20 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Say Leon,
I think your magazine has been delivered to NJ. It's just that it got held up in customs because there is a firearm on the cover!
Sparks

Factor
posted Hide Post
Arrrrgh! Should have read this post before I posted my last post! Recieved my issue on the 14th. of this month if I recall correctly and many thanks. Perhaps our lack of patience only rewards you as our desire to see even more of your magazine. If it were possible, I would make only a few changes to Muzzleloader Magazine. #1..it should be a weekly edition. I have no patience and the magazine is second to none. Daily would be nice...I treasure it far above my local newspapers! #2..the plastic bag covering was simply wonderful. I understand that costs prevent it being still available...I will miss it. #3..Generally I abhor telemarketers... BUT...when my subscription to Muzzleloader Magazine is near to expiring..this is important! Call me, email me...send smoke signals! Do not leave me without my beloved writers... for even a single issue! Well, I guess that about covers it. Pardon me now as I sit back in my old recliner and re-read the (already) dog-eared pages of this months issue. Aye, a full pipe and a glass of port...snow falling on my humble abode....a flickering candle to read by in the silence of a March snow-storm. I walk the hills with Mark Baker and learn much of smoothbores with my friend Mike N. as I slowly turn the pages. History is taught to me in a way I can understand. Life is good. Many thanks. Be blessed. Audie...lost in the moment...

Posts: 2155 | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Sparks,
That is highly possible! Big Grin Eeker Roll Eyes
volatpluvia

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
<sigh> Stil waiting here in NC...

Mac

Member #250 of the Traditional Muzzleloading Association. www.traditionalmuzzleloadingassociation.com
"Keeping the tradition alive" Smartest $15 bucks I ever spent!

Posts: 229 | Location: north carolina | Registered: 26 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I got mine today,19 March,the only damage to it was caused,by my tears of joy, when I dropped to my knees,in front of the mailbox,in 8" of wet slush,clutching it tightly to my chest,crying.The neighbors didn't slow down as they went by,wonder why, splashing more slush and water all over me, but they never got it on my charished copy of MUZZLE LOADER.There is rejoycing through the land,the sun is shinning and there is hot plum pudding on every table.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Mac,
I have had relatives in NC since 1740. Some even worked for the post office pre-1840.

First place I'd look for your magazine at this point is Virginia...sometimes they don't let the shipments through as fast as they could.

Lest anyone dispair, I had relatives in VA by 1730. But I don't believe they ever worked for the post office.

Sparks

Booshway
Picture of Snakebite
posted Hide Post
I was just informed that the latest issue has arrived in the land of the Pony Express. See ya...

Keep looking up! (He's coming back)

Posts: 649 | Location: Along the Humboldt | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Sparks, knowing the way the Post Office works, I wouldn't be a durn bit surprised to find that my copy is somewhere on the Sea of Tranquility!

Seriously, though, I got an email from Mizz Linda telling me to give the offices a call, because my issue was probably lost, and they'd send me another one.

Mac

Member #250 of the Traditional Muzzleloading Association. www.traditionalmuzzleloadingassociation.com
"Keeping the tradition alive" Smartest $15 bucks I ever spent!

Posts: 229 | Location: north carolina | Registered: 26 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Glad it worked out...or will work out.
Sparks

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Miz Linda,
the 25th being only a few days away, the sooner you send me a replacement, the sooner the gnawing cravings go away. Ms. Audrey tells me on a daily basis to quit chewing the rungs of the old rocking chair every time I come in from the mailbox. Sigghhhhh!
volatpluvia

pistuo deo lalo