Notify
Tools

WEBMASTER ON EXTENDED LEAVE
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted
Hello, the 'Fire!

Beginning Aug. 23, I will be taking an extended leave from the day to day business of Scurlock Publishing Co., including my role here as Webmaster. After one week of long-planned vacation, on Aug. 30 I will have surgery to clip, or clamp off, two brain aneurysms. I hope to sail right through it and be back at my desk in a few weeks.

In the interim, however, I ask all of you to help out when there are questions about how the forum works, which many of you do already.

If you see an inappropriate post, one that is off topic or violates our rules in some way, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page or the little yellow "Report this post" icon at the bottom right of every post, and Bill will handle it.

Another option is to use the Private Messaging feature and send Bill a message. His handle here on the Campfire is Bill Scurlock. Just be aware that posts in the Webmaster forum will not be monitored by me beginning Aug. 23.

Thank you for your help and your prayers.

Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Newoodsrunner
posted Hide Post
will do Linda, and our best prayers will be sent your way. God bless you Charlie

Posts: 461 | Location: SW Okla | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Linda...

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Wow , most people plan a vacation to have fun...not hang out in a hospital....
Hope all goes well during your surgery, Linda.
All the best,
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
All the best with your stay,
prayers going out to you.

I will not trade freedom or dignity for a handout.

Posts: 27 | Location: Colorados High Country | Registered: 03 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Linda,
I have prayed for you. May the Lord bring you through all this with everything intact.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Linda, may lord bless you and keep in the palm of his hand. My family will be praying for you and for your family.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deercop
posted Hide Post
Prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery Linda.
My wife and I enjoyed meeting you and Bill, and our "tour" of Scurlock Publishing.

Posts: 649 | Location: Clovis, New Mexico | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Linda, You have our prayers, of course. And keep us posted if you can on your recovery from the "knife." Through it all, keep the faith. We wish you the very best. Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Prayers from me, kind lady. May you feel His presence all throughout your ordeal. God bless Bill as he suffers with you.

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent, Ms. Linda. You do what those doctors tell you, okay?

Spot

Posts: 849 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Blessings and prayers for you, Linda. I'd be willing to make a pastoral call at the hospital, but I'm afraid the mileage would be a bit too much! Know that I'll keep you on my list.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Blessings and prayers to you, and a speedy recovery.

Heck no, you'er the sort that gives that sort a bad name.
Trapper 54cal

Posts: 605 | Location: Los Alamos, New Mexico | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of Talltree
posted Hide Post
Linda,
Our prayers are all with you and Bill, may your recovery be quick. Be Strong, as you already are.

Talltree

Keep your tail high and dry!

Posts: 173 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Linda,
Hopefully the procedure and recovery will be 'routine.' We'll be praying for you.

Sparks and Mrs. Stone

"I thought when you said you chased tornadoes, it was just a metaphor."
--soon to be ex-fiance in Twister

Posts: 247 | Location: Boise | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted Hide Post
Another prayer for you here.

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Our prayers are with you.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Linda,
May God bless you and keep you and bring you back to our campfire hale and hearty. My prayers are with you and Bill.

"Any day you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good day"

Posts: 428 | Location: Northwestern California | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Your in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and God bless. Rockerhound

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
I'll be praying for you. May God keep you and guide you through your surgey and recovery.
God bless!
~Josh

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post