MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Webmaster    Forum Ownership Changing Hands!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forum Ownership Changing Hands!
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted
Hello, the 'Fire! I am glad to share with you that Jason Gatliff of Historical Enterprises has agreed to take ownership of the Campfire. I'm sure all of you understand his initial hesitation, given how recently he has assumed publication of Muzzleloader and all of the work that goes along with it. Let me be clear that there was never a lack of appreciation for the loyalty and enthusiasm of all of you! Either on our part or Jason's. We all understand how important our fellowship here is. I'm sure, from time to time, you'll hear from me or Bill, so this isn't goodbye on our part either. Welcome to the 'Fire, Jason! -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of woodman
posted Hide Post
Jason , Thanks for keeping the campfire lit....Woodman

Posts: 357 | Location: Colorado Territories | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
Good deal for sure...

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jason. I was just gonna kinda fade away - as old mountain men do.

Now, there be some fellers I need to clue you in on . . . keep a weather eye on the Tall Tales bunch . . .

Grinnin'Sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Jason,
Many thanks for tending the fire. It was starting to get a little cold out here in the north woods.

"Any day you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good day"

Posts: 428 | Location: Northwestern California | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Jason,
Thanks for letting us old coots continue to jaw with each other here.
Some of us make a nusance out of ourselves, but we are amenable to being corrected, just be gentle.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Jason, Thank you!! Hallelujah and jubilee!! I am rejoicin'. This is very good news! What is the pre 1840 equivalent of Woot! Wooot! ?

Posts: 69 | Registered: 12 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Night Owl
posted Hide Post
Outstanding news! Thank you Jason!! Big Grin

Posts: 265 | Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan | Registered: 03 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Jason,Many Thanks for keeping the Fire lit,.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
Since the Campfire is to remain lit, I'll modify my offer for spice kits.

Anyone that will pay for material and shipping can have one....

Four or five bottle kits - Salt, Pepper, Sugar, Garlic and if five your choice for the fifth.

They should run less than $10 with shipping. Let me know if you need one.

shoot first ask questions later

Posts: 220 | Location: Lyman, WY....just 6 miles from Ft. Bridger! | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Jason, A thousand and one thank you's for keeping the forum open. I have learned (and unlearned) a lot from this group.
Cheers,
Axe

Posts: 48 | Registered: 20 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Linda and Bill, Thanks much for many years of tending the fire. Your efforts to keep it active following your retirement is also appreciated.

Jason, you have big shoes to fill, but your demonstrated sincerity with the magazine will surely carry over here. Thanks.

Part Man, Part Critter
Born under the watch of the Great Spirit

Posts: 71 | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Wow,kinda far hike from over where we were told to go to here,but I like this bunch too,specially Leon,and that ol' troublemaker Fiddlesticks....I'll just have to stretch my trapline out a bit to include this too....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Thankee 'Tooth. I'll try to haul back on my trouble makin' and fer shore keep my feet oughta your traps!

Pssst! - don't say nuthin' to Volie and we'll see if we can ketch him by the big toe! Haw!

Snickerin'Sticks

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
*snicker*

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Pssst! - I happen to know you can bait his trap with lizards - for more than one reason. They's a weakness o' his'n . . .

Keep this just betwixt me an' you, 'Tooth.

Mum'stheword'Sticks

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
eenie, meanie, mynie mow,
if you catch a volie by his toe...

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Make him holler, make him squeal, make him suck on a sour lemon peel!

ROFLMAO, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the news Jason. Nice of you to stoke the fire for a while. I really hope it all woeks out well for you and the fire burns bright for a long time to come.

L8R...Ken

Posts: 403 | Location: In the Hardwoods of Eastern Iowa | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Fincastle
posted Hide Post
As somebody once said,

Wahl' I'll be et for the Devil's Tater!

Yeeee Hawwwww!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fincastle,

A nod's as good as a blink to a blind horse

Posts: 143 | Location: Indiana Territory | Registered: 22 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post