Find
Notify
Tools

Mark Baker
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Cado
posted
Have not seen much of Mark Baker for a while now. I read where he was taking some time off, any chance he will be back soon?

Posts: 617 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
rumor has it he is buried in updating his "Sons of A Trackless Forest".

Rich

Posts: 363 | Registered: 25 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
That combined with his teaching job would keep him pretty busy I'd say. Big Grin

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Idaho Sharpshooter Where is this "UPDATING" where he is buried,just in case I get by there I could stop and pay my respects.Sorry to hear of his passing.So young,snached away in the prime of life tragic just tragic.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
you been snowed in too long up there in Maine?
Cabin Fever set in, did it?

That was metaphorical...

Sheesh!

Rich

Booshway
posted Hide Post
metaphorical!!!! Ive seen that done before, some of those fellas are some fast with those flags.Never could understand what was being sent,seem to me if you are close enough to see those flags you could just holler.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
WC, he said, "Metaphorical" not "Semaphorical".

Three Hawks

Posts: 506 | Location: Puget Sound Area | Registered: 26 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
might as well have said Metaphysical as far as some are concerned...

Rich

Booshway
posted Hide Post
OH!Metaphor,Like me and MR.Baker have never metaphor but we might someday.Go it,sometime it helps to use a word in a sentence.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
UUhhh, anyone livin' near Walking Crow may want ta stop and check on him. I'm afeared his chimney may be blocked up abit. That or the solder he used to make his still may have had lead in it. Git him out inta the fresh air, may help.

(Walking crow: I'm reading this at work, j=had me laughing so much my partner is looking at me like I've gone looney. He's probably right)

Posts: 253 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 27 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of oneblanket
posted Hide Post
I thought a metaphor is where deer eat

fire away and fall back

Posts: 484 | Location: virginia | Registered: 06 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I never seen the value of them flag-wavers, much, neither, 'Crow. The light-flashers, maybe from time to time.

Now you take us dit-men (radiomen), when WE send a signal it went some!!

Me an' Baker ain't ever metaphor, either. Cain't figger out whut set them other fellers to howlin' so hard at ye about it. Doubt'n whuther they've ever met 'im nuther.

Scratchin'mychin'sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of Pvt. Potts
posted Hide Post
I think somebody better throw WC a life preserver. His dinghy done sprung a leak!!

"I sometimes wonder if the world is run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it?."

Posts: 176 | Location: The Wilds of Central Iowa | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of oneblanket
posted Hide Post
when I was doing peace keepin in the siani about 20 years ago I had a patrol out abot 20 miles from our op they flashed a mirror at me so in responce I went and got the latrine mirror to answer they said it looked like the OP exploded when I flashed it at them

fire away and fall back

Posts: 484 | Location: virginia | Registered: 06 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Fiddlesticks,

is that like di-di-dum-dum-di-di...?

Rich

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idaho Sharpshooter,

Factor
posted Hide Post
Haw! Haw! Haw!

Yup---yer right, Rich! And the "dum" one in the middle stands for me.

Codin'sticks

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I got it,I got it,just figured it out,Mark Baker aint dead he's in UPDATING writing a book.
Yes sir not only good looking but smart to!
Remember: Good judgement comes from experiance,and a lot of that comes from bad judgement!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Walking Crow,

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Idaho Sharpshooter! about that Metapysical.Cant say as I ever metaphysical,Was given one in the past, didn't much care for it though.

Factor
posted Hide Post
I never metaphysical that I liked none, neither!

Fiddlesticks

Booshway
posted Hide Post
could be worse. I flunked a DoTphysical two years ago. Sugar/BP a little too high after the third year in a row DoT lowered the numbers. They retired me, so all I do is hunt and cast bullets, and go shoot, and fish a little.

Rich