Find
Notify
Tools

Look Who I Found
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted
This past weekend my family and I attended the Pinedale Rendezvous at the Museum of the Mountain Man. While there, to my surprise I met the "Campfires'" very own andy*. He was set up with his friend showing their firearms and teaching us about their history.
Thanks andy* for sharing your knowledge and it was a privilege to meet you.

Proof that we met

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
It was great to meet you and your family Idaho Mountaineer.
Y'all have a excellent camp and outfit.
Hope to see you and yours down the trail again soon.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you two had a great time! Looking forward to posts from both of you on your blogs!
Max

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Heh,"And a good time was had by all".

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
You guys surely know that having that much fun is somehow illegal

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Just goes to show how small the world is.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
We did indeed have a good time.
Lots of nice folks and interesting things to see.

The Museum of the Mountain Man has a outstanding collection of pieces relating to the period.
The staff is very friendly as well.

Meeting Idaho Mountaineer was the icing on the cake. He and his family are very welcoming and it was great to see them.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andy*:

The Museum of the Mountain Man has a outstanding collection of pieces relating to the period.
The staff is very friendly as well.

I was able to visit it about 8 years ago and really enjoyed it. Its a beautiful area. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Posts: 212 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post