Find
Notify
Tools

At the 1838 Rendezvous ...
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted
here I am with my friend Josh , I'm the one in the dark red cap.
My friend Dave and I did a show there this past summer.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Was this the rendezvous down in Wyoming?

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
The both of you guys look great. Like the tipi

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
TurkeyCreek yep the big one in Wy. We did a write up of it for the Museum's blog , if you would like to check it out.
It was a lot of fun setting up our museum at a original rendezvous and giving classes!

MountainRanger,
Thanks . It was my first time sleeping in a tipi.
Josh is carrying a Leman rifle of ours , about 1830-40 or so.
A kid named Walter used it with my instruction and came in first place in the junior division at the rendezvous.
He was nothing but smiles afterwards.
Andy

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Andy... you folks would be welcomed in Virginia. Here's an event you might consider as you are making your way east. It's held annually in far SW Virginia. Here's a website for you to peruse... (scroll down to the entry: "Seige at the Blockhouse: Resounding Success"). I think I hit a link to an older year, but it goes on every year.

https://washingtoncountyregime...-reenactment/page/5/

In Wytheville, there is a plan for building an 18th century gun shop. At our match this past weekend, the Wilderness Road Muzzle Loaders talked about doing living history demos there whenever it is to be finished. You know local governments...

Hanshi is in the middle part of the state and if it works out that you come this way, he could probably put you in touch with locals there. Great venues in the area where he lives.

Loyalist Dave is in Maryland and Birdman in Pa. We sort of have a good representation of areas should it work out you're coming in this direction.
Michael

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Cool link thanks MountainRanger.
We will have to get in touch with y'all if we ever get that way.

Mostly we do about 3-6 local rendezvous a year and we have been invited back to The 1838 Rendezvous and The Museum of The Mountain Man to give some talks / classes.
Going back east it would be fun to stop in at Friendship Indiana as well.
Andy

Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Good on ya Andy for letting that young feller shoot that Leman in a match! You have made a disciple of this sport/hobby/lifestyle and that is what we all need to be doing. Imagine him getting to tell folks how he used an original Leman to win the match at the big rendezvous. My hat is off to you sir.

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Thanks TurkeyCreek.
It was fun for me to watch him shoot and hit the targets.
Walter even enjoyed cleaning the rifle at camp , he earned his bragging rights for sure.
Andy