Find
Notify
Tools

Bag.
 Login/Join

Hivernant
Picture of Pare-
posted
Open-woven twined bag with warp threads dyed in sumac.

Posts: 104 | Location: Little River, I.T. | Registered: 06 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
That would be a good (airy) game bag. Nice looking and very practical. Thanks for showing...might give someone else an idea.

L8R...Ken

Posts: 403 | Location: In the Hardwoods of Eastern Iowa | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Pare-
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Twined bags, whether open or closed-woven, were used by just about every nationality worldwide. Some were even made from rawhide. I read that a few Seminoles left I.T. and went to a post on the Red River in Texas to get a load of whisky in which they packed in "netted bags of rawhide".

Pare-

Posts: 104 | Location: Little River, I.T. | Registered: 06 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Great looking bag and I agree with Ken it brings in some different ideas. Plenty of items would benefit from being carried in this sort of bag.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Pare-
posted Hide Post
Here's a Creek Indian closed woven bag collected in 1856, AMNH.

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That Creek bag is strikingly beautiful and show cases their skills. The net bag really will make a nice game bag.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post