MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Events and Clubs    Wilderness Road Muzzleloaders Spring Shoot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilderness Road Muzzleloaders Spring Shoot
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted
Guys, if anyone is interested, The Wilderness Road Muzzleloaders spring shoot is May 28 and 29 which is Memorial Day Weekend. There will be paper targets, steel and primitive targets for rifle and smoothbores.

There is plenty of room for tents, primitive camping and trailers (limited space for trailers...). Must bring your own water. Fires are allowed in appropriately prepared rings.

All are welcome! If anyone is interested in getting a flier I can get you on the mailing list for this and the primitive novelty shoot in July and the Fall Grocery shoot in September.
Email me your mailing address (we still use snail mail for our mailing lists). I can scan and email the flier when it comes out if you provide me an email address. I'll also include full driving directions as our range is sort of hard to find and one drives waaaaay out in the country to just before you drop off the edge of the world!

It's a great range with covered firing positions so one can still shoot if it rains without drowning.

Forgot to mention that these shoots and our range is just outside of Wytheville, VA
Michael

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MountainRanger,

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
It sounds like a fun time is brewing. But, it is a couple hundred miles out of my neighborhood.

I used to have some distant relatives in the tiny burg of Laurel Fork about 30 miles as the crow flies to the Southeast of Wytheville. But, I lost contact with them over 40 years ago.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Rancocas, come on up. I just got SC Loyalist's address and had him put on the mailing list, so maybe y'all can get together and convoy up. We have a family that comes up from the Atlanta area and some from NC and Tennessee and of course, here in VA.

PC me your address or email me it @ kapital00@gmail.com and I'll see that you get a flyer.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I would like to, thank you, but my calender is already full through May and June. I have relatives due here that Memorial Day weekend.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
The fliers are out and are in the mail, but were delayed. I have one that was emailed to me and have already emailed it to one interested member. If anyone else would like me to email the flier, PC me. I'll get it on my iphone, and I'll get it out to you as soon as I can get back to my computer.

Sua Sponte

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Egad... have my Subaru loaded with the exception of food, cooler and rifle stuff. Going to head out at zero dark thirty tomorrow to get camp set up. Supposed to have some thunder bippies tomorrow afternoon but Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be nice.

I was sure hoping some from the forum might join us... well, maybe next year.

Sua Sponte

Factor
posted Hide Post
Well,MR,I might think about it if the Rocky Mountains weren't so BLOODY far to the East of us.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
That's Blue Ridge and Alleghenys. The New River Valley is the continuation of the Shenandoah, just farther west. And the Rockys are pretty danged far to the West of us. Guess there was this great big blank area and God said to himself, "I have an idea, let's put the Rockys here"! It seems to have worked out. Wink

Sua Sponte

Factor
posted Hide Post
Ya,but does make it hard to go to events on the OTHER side of the continent. ROFLMAO

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post