New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 Eastern
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Is there anybody here familiar with the location of this year's Eastern near Troy,OH?

It's not all that far away from me, but looking at the area on Google Earth, it looks like there will be houses visible no matter where the camp is. A minor thing I guess, I just prefer having modern life not quite so visible.
For that, there is always Friendship.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, there is a farm (maybe just barns) near the front gate. It's a long & narrow camp with open fields to the west.

Posts: 47 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I went to it last year, missed most of the camp as it wasn't that visable from traders row, I just thought that folks weren't all that interested in it anymore. I plan on going there again this year and will wander all over. They gave me a map when I got there but I never looked at it until I got home...dumb!!!

Posts: 15 | Registered: 06 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I may drive over and visit, but if I participate in one of the national rondy's this year it will be the southeastern. I am a primitive shooter as opposed to a reenactor. Just dressing up and sitting around doesn't make it with me. Years ago I drove hours to a big doin's and found out there wouldn't be a chance to shoot (very little then) for three days. I tore down camp and drove home. It just doesn't look like the site of this year's eastern is going to be good for doing much shooting. I've been to the southeastern where they are having it. There is plenty of shooting.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
If there is any kind of organization to the events there,SOMEone ought to know when,and how much shooting is going on.Find out who is in charge,and call.....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
-ETA- Just be careful you don't get talked into volunteering,LOL!!...

Ex-SCAer speaking from experience.... Wink

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post