New
Find
Notify
Tools

Balderdash BREWFEST
 Login/Join

Factor
posted
Hey folks, Dills' Tavern, a Historic Site in PA, North of Gettysburg, is hosting a BREWFEST, and in conjunction with a Jacobite Encampment. (Aye Laddies!)

So if you want to taste some craft brewed ales, and see some stuff, be there or be square Balderdash Brewfest

There's a rumor that I may be there with some ale. Wink

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the plug Dave,it's a rain or shine event,south central pa,right along rt 15

Posts: 49 | Registered: 08 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
A GOOD TIME was had by all. Folks actually liked an 18th century style porter..., no carbonation, no chilling, no filtering.

I met Chuckles there too, from this forum. Big Grin

LD

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I made an old style dark beer( a variant of ale) many years ago for an SCA event. No hops,no carbonation, no chilling. Folks were kinda wierded out by it, for awhile. I thought I was going to have some left over,but then someone decided it was ok( not to mention period correct) and it disappeared quickly,lol,darn.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 1938 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hey if you ever try to make it again, you can use hops if you're doing Medieval Europe. The first documented cultivation of hops was 768 A.D. Prior to hops, brewing of fermented beverages goes back to like the 2nd century A.D. and Pliny the Elder as well as Pliny documented it..., you just use different herbs for flavors.

LD