New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN/KY Rifle Show
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
The 43rd annual Tennessee/Kentucky Rifle Show is coming up in just two weeks. It will be held at the Jubilee Banquet Facility, off I-75 at Exit 110 a few miles north of Knoxville, TN. Take the exit and go west about 1 mile.
April 30 and May 1.

I've enjoyed this show for several years. It is full of original longrifles made here in TN and in KY. Plus there are usually some contemporary muzzleloaders, powder horns, and other fufaraw available for sale.

It takes me about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to drive up there, but I think it is well worth the drive.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I attended the show today. Two large rooms in the banquet hall were filled mostly with original southern made longrifles, both flintlock and percussion. There were plenty of shot bags, powderhorns, knives, and other accoutrements, as well as plenty of contemporary stuff.
I'm always on the look-out for left-handed rifles and today I saw four. That is a record! Usually, at this show if find one I'm lucky. There were three flintlocks; a .40 and two .45's. The fourth was a .54 percussion. All very nice, but I didn't buy any.
I did, however, buy a southern banded powderhorn. This style horn is indigenous to the south. Now, I have to make a strap for it. I think I will go fancy with some bead work.
This has been a nice day; a little breezy, but sunny and warm.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
pictures !!

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
How do I do that?

Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Seeing if "add Attachment?" works.

Posts: 70 | Registered: 07 January 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well, I see that Winter Hawk has been digging up graves on this site.

This particular thread is now over a year old. However, as I stated I bought a southern banded powderhorn at last years TN/KY Rifle Show. This year I bought a rifle.

I have followed the instructions, but I simply cannot post a picture here. I don't understand why not. Another site that I frequent makes it easy. All I have to do there is copy and paste.

Anyway, my new (new to me) rifle is a beauty. Left-hand flintlock, swamped barrel is 42 inches long. Very nice pierced brass 3 piece patchbox, nice carving behind the cheek piece, and behind the tang. A "hunter's star", 8 point, is inlet into the cheek piece. The patchbox, side plate, and toe piece are all nicely engraved.
All the inletting, carving, and engraving is very well done. Oh, very nicely figured tiger striped maple stock with a medium dark finish.

The rifle was made by a fellow name of Jim Fahling of Kentucky back around the year 2000. His name is engraved on the barrel. I had never heard of him, and have been unable to find any information about him except the little that the seller of the gun told me. He said Fahling began rifle makiing back in 1989. He also said that over the years Fahling had made 4 left-handed rifles for him.

So, if anyone has any info on Jim Fahling, gunsmith, I sure would appreciate hearing about it.

So, now I have the rifle I've always wanted, and the banded powderhorn to go with it. This summer I will make another shooting bag specifically to go with this outfit.

BTW; the rifle shoots spot on.
Oh, and I forgot to mention, this rifle is a .50

I'm a happy man!

Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
At the bottom of the reply box is an "Add Attachment?" link. Click on it and a "browse" button pops up, from which you can navigate to the photo you want to upload. That's what I did to post the photo of the sight I have on my T-C, just to see how to do it.

Posts: 70 | Registered: 07 January 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
The last "gun" show I attended with a friend here in Maine. That was early last fall IIRC. Got to meet a lot of guys I knew previously only on line. It was great.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
It's that time again.
2023 and now the 45th Annual Tennessee/Kentucky Rifle Show is coming up soon. April 21-22.

Same place again at the jubilee Banquet Facility about 1 mile west of exit 110 off I-75, a few miles north of Knoxville, Tennessee.

Nearby attractions include the Museum of Appalachia, Fort loudon, Sam Houston Schoolhouse, David Crockett's birthplace, and the East Tennessee Historical Society Museum in Knoxville.