New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN/KY Rifle Show
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
The 43rd annual Tennessee/Kentucky Rifle Show is coming up in just two weeks. It will be held at the Jubilee Banquet Facility, off I-75 at Exit 110 a few miles north of Knoxville, TN. Take the exit and go west about 1 mile.
April 30 and May 1.

I've enjoyed this show for several years. It is full of original longrifles made here in TN and in KY. Plus there are usually some contemporary muzzleloaders, powder horns, and other fufaraw available for sale.

It takes me about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to drive up there, but I think it is well worth the drive.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I attended the show today. Two large rooms in the banquet hall were filled mostly with original southern made longrifles, both flintlock and percussion. There were plenty of shot bags, powderhorns, knives, and other accoutrements, as well as plenty of contemporary stuff.
I'm always on the look-out for left-handed rifles and today I saw four. That is a record! Usually, at this show if find one I'm lucky. There were three flintlocks; a .40 and two .45's. The fourth was a .54 percussion. All very nice, but I didn't buy any.
I did, however, buy a southern banded powderhorn. This style horn is indigenous to the south. Now, I have to make a strap for it. I think I will go fancy with some bead work.
This has been a nice day; a little breezy, but sunny and warm.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
pictures !!

Posts: 1838 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
How do I do that?