muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc
Chadron Fur Trade Days 2021

This topic can be found at:
https://muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/59510091/m/7377008283

16 May 2021, 01:50 PM
JoeM
Chadron Fur Trade Days 2021
The flyer is out for 2021 - and we will be having our annual Rendezvous (July 8, 9, 10. & 11)... Smiler

https://www.facebook.com/BCFTMLA

Ohio Joe / Chadron Fur Trade Days
17 May 2021, 06:10 AM
Rancocas
One of my aunts was from Nebraska. I think she was from the Grand Island area, but I'm not sure. I know that she taught school in a one room schoolhouse for a while.
My uncle met her during WWII when the troop train he was on stopped there for a short time. She was one of those volunteer girls giving food, and coffee to the soldiers who were going off to war.
Uncle Frank was later in the Battle of Biak and then he went on to the Philippines. He kept up a correspondence with my aunt throughout the war, and then went back to see her after his discharge.

I've driven across the State a few times, but never spent much time there.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.
17 May 2021, 10:17 AM
JoeM
quote:
Originally posted by Rancocas:
One of my aunts was from Nebraska. I think she was from the Grand Island area, but I'm not sure. I know that she taught school in a one room schoolhouse for a while.
My uncle met her during WWII when the troop train he was on stopped there for a short time. She was one of those volunteer girls giving food, and coffee to the soldiers who were going off to war.
Uncle Frank was later in the Battle of Biak and then he went on to the Philippines. He kept up a correspondence with my aunt throughout the war, and then went back to see her after his discharge.

I've driven across the State a few times, but never spent much time there.

I'm an Ohio replant to Nebraska. I moved out here back in '88 and went to work for Game & Parks (Ft. Robinson State Park), and also pitched in with helping out some of the local Ranchers with their Spring Round-up and branding's... Yes sir, I were a "cowboy" before I was a Buckskinner, and finally retired from Herren Brothers (Hardware and Lumber Yard) a few years back... I've been involved in traditional muzzle loading since 1976... Can't remember exactly the year I started doing the Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous - but a few years back, (Norm - our camp Booshway and collector of fees) told me when collecting my camp fee, that I was one of the old timers now as I had been involved in this annual Rendezvous since the early 90's according to his records... I think this year will mark my 27th or 28th doings... I will admit that it has taken some getting use to, pretty much going from a family annual outing to basically a solo act, but occasionally I have the grandkids and wife with me these days... It's sure been a great ride through the years with Chadron Fur Trade Days. I'm glad I didn't miss the party. Smiler

Ohio Joe / Chadron Fur Trade Days