Find
Notify
Tools

Saturday Shoot
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted
This past Saturday, the Wilderness Road Muzzleloaders met at our range for the last shoot of the season. It was surprisingly warm and while there weren't as many as most monthly shoots, a great time was had by all! We did our woods walk with 19 targets, and my shooting partner Rick _ _ _ _ won with only one miss. Dang, but he is a good shot! That big .54 cal makes the targets sing ans swing! Some challenging targets that included steel plate of various sizes and shapes in the trees and on frames, and cat tails, wood cookies and walnuts and such hanging from ropes. We generally do these as a blanket match so that everyone gets a prize.

Great day, fantastic folks to shoot with!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE??? Big Grin

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave, we have our annual meeting on January 5, and we decided at our little post-shoot meeting to go ahead and schedule a shoot for that following Saturday. If the weather is lousy, then it won't happen, but if it's such that we can get there and shoot, then we'll have it. If you're interested in coming, let me know as we get closer and I'll send you email and phone number so we can make arrangements. If its normal January weather, then we probably won't have another shoot till March. You're welcome anytime you want to come. Our first big shoot will probably be Memorial Day weekend and that will be a good one. We have good camp sites for primitive camping, tents or campers, but you need to bring water. I'll post here for that shoot once it's planned.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hey that sounds good, thank you. My daughter goes to school in Harrisonburg, and I believe that the "New River Valley" is South of there near Roanoake or maybe just a tad South. There is a new rifle unit forming up here and they are looking for a shoot to go to....maybe they'd like a shoot WITH some camping on Memorial Day Weekend. I'll suggest your event to them.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Dave, you guys would be welcome. Some folks camp primitive, some in tents and there are always a camper or three. Some folks dress out and some don't. Y'all come. As we get closer, I'll get your email and if you want to give me your address, I'll get you on the mailing list so that you can get an announcement. We'll get Hanshi to come too, and maybe ole' Birdman will want to toss some lead with us.

Sua Sponte