Find
Notify
Tools

Ft Frederick
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Less than a month now!!

Turkey season starts on the Monday that week and Market Fair is going strong by the end of the week, doesn't get much better in Maryland!!

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
The 24th annual Alvin York Over-the-log shoot will be the next thing coming up here in Tenasi. That will be on April 2, which is also the opening day of turkey season here.

I'll be at the York Shoot, but the following week I plan to be up in the mountains after those big birds. I've already done some scouting and found plenty of sign. TN spring turkey season is open all of April and about half of May.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Ft. Fred Opens in ONE WEEK!

I usually fly the Welsh Flag of St. David to mark my campsite if anybody comes a lookin' for me. Big Grin

I will probably have to go home from Thursday morning until Friday morning.... work stuff, but I go in on Wednesday because I have a buddy who is physically challenged and needs to be close to the roadway..

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
I want pictures, lots of pictures! I cant travel across an international border, seven states and a time zone to get there. I really miss this show.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
How was it, anybody go? Most of our club camped for the whole event, the couple guys I was supposed to ride up with for Friday either got sick or had meetings pop up so I never did make it...

Frowner

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Dang Dude, I wish I'd a known...., might've been able to get you there....

It was GREAT. The weather was fine, and the rain held off until Friday Night, ending early Saturday morning. Dry canvas for the ride home.

My new Double Belled Tent was a huge hit. I dramatically increased the room inside by using pairs of support poles for the ridge pole at each end of the ridge pole in a /\ manner, instead of a single upright at each end like this |. This ran the poles just inside the corners of the walls and out of the way.

Tried some different equipment, and kept notes on my food consumption...found I can probably shed about 25 lbs. in equipment and supply weight and still cook well and eat well.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
I really crave to see pics, scores of pics. If no pics are forthcoming, I may have go into the archives on my old laptop and review all the pics from my past participation in various events. Sighhhhhhh...

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Sorry Leon, my grandson and I didn't carry a camera along. But you can picture the wide eyed look on his face as we walked down the road to the market faire. He is 12 and had never saw a encampment this size. He and I wore our regalia to the event. He wasn't so sure about the fashion choice till we hit the parking lot. Of course we went straight through the vendors area to the camp and started to visit the blanket traders. I found him a shirt and we both found knives we both couldn't do without. Then we walked and shopped the traders area. It made for a bit of a expensive day, but the look on Skyler's face was worth it. BJH

Posts: 69 | Location: Central Pa. | Registered: 14 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I'd like to go to one of those big "doin's" one of these days.Out here on the Left Coast,they seem to be few and far between....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
BJ, thanks for responding. At Union County set up a chair for me by your fire. When you pause mid day over a Penn's Best, set one out for me. I won't be able to be there...just the thought, you know. León

pistuo deo lalo