New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dixons this weekend?
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Anybody heading to Dixon's this weekend for the gunmakers fair? Few buddies and I are heading up for the day on Saturda, adding a Cabela's stop in the afternoon, too! Smiler

Posts: 422 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Dixon's is far out of my range.
Cabela's, and Bass Pro as well, both have stores within 30 miles of me. (same company now) However, I rarely go to either except to browse and compare prices. But, they are nice to poke around in. I can usually find better prices elsewhere.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Last time I was in the Cabela's it was a shadow of what it was before Bass Pro bought them. Still worth some time just to walk around and drool at the mounts on the walls and all the gear. Always seem to find something - IF - I have any $ left after Dixon's, which isn't often. One year I didn't have enough $ left after the gunmakers fair to buy a soda on the way home!

Posts: 422 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I agree. Like the animal mounts, also the fish tank with live fish swimming around.

I went to Cabela's last month to see if they would buy a rifle from me. A sxs double, .450 nitro express. (elephant gun). They had some interest, but would not meet my price.

Here in the Chattanooga, TN area, the Bass Pro shop is in TN just above the Georgia state line. Cabela's is in Georgia only a couple of miles below the TN line. Both are right off I-75.

Also nearby here in TN we have Frost Cutlery. They have a show room and store next door to the factory. Fantastic prices for all sorts of knives, plus some hatchets, and swords.

All interesting places to browse around in.

The only colonial era gathering we have in this area is the Ft. Loudoun Trade Faire in the fall. It is about 50 miles north of me. Ft. Loudoun is a restored British fort of the F&I War era. The Cherokee wiped them out in 1760. (I think there is another Ft. Loudoun in Pennsylvania somewhere)

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post