Find
Notify
Tools

Holidays
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted
We're heading into the "serious" holiday period with the covid virus exploding, as previously predicted, and I trust everyone is well and safe. Hunting season (DEER) will be closing up here soon. No matter as I'm OOC (out of commission) this year. Haven't even been to the range since last fall and I'm majorly frustrated about that. By (sometime in) 2021 my eye should be recovered from the surgery and I might be able to see well enough to shoot without wasting powder. Hope everyone had a successful hunting season so far. This site, as most sites currently are, "unoccupied". So sit back, have a drink, or two, and have black powder daydreams.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3455 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Glad things are going well with you. As crazy as this year has been, it's probably a good idea to just batten down the hatches and ride it out. I'm just watching the trees blow around and listening to my dog bark at a power company crew trying to work in the blowing rain....I'm cozy with a nice cuppa coffee.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 1886 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Boartooth, it's gets harder and harder each season to crawl out of a warm bed just to trek out into a cold morning. I hate missing this year but looking forward to 2021. I should be able at some point to get out and roam around a bit with my flintlock even with the seasons being over. There are plenty of unprotected varmints for me to shoot at and miss. But just getting out to roam the woods a little is refreshing. Meanwhile, I'll just do what you're doing.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3455 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I hope that I can crawl out of bed early enough to make it worth my while.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Glad you old boys are hanging on and getting through this. Deer season has been slow and odd here with very warm and strange weather, but modern gun opens tomorrow here in Maryland. Maybe I'll have a tale or two over the next few weeks, heading out with flintlock tomorrow. Not expecting much, but a doe or two may jump into the freezer before it's done. Smiler Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving and are heading toward a great Christmas.

Dave

Posts: 420 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
In the Zone, where I live, the Muzzle loader season goes till 12 Dec,weather is miserable,rain and hot,started out with 2" of fresh snow opening day then rain and 60+ degrees,so foggy this A.M. can't see across the drive,.got dressed afew times opened the door and went back to coffee and watching. Last man standing ,a might lost.

Posts: 1838 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I'm glad Hanshi is "on the mend". Praying all heals right!

I just realized how close I am to 60 years old, which is the end of eligibility for Militia Duty, AND the age when most fellows are mustered out of The King's Army...,

..., I need to get busy and finish returning The Colonies to their rightful allegiance to His Royal Majesty! (Depending on what happens on January 20th 2021, other folks might agree. I'll let folks ponder to themselves about which option, Joe or Don, to which I am referring.) Wink

GOD SAVE THE KING !

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3842 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I also lost a hunting season to surgery but by losing this one I may get to see next year. Old age is not for sissies. I've got a horn in the works, a bag to stitch and will probably make up some items to toss on the prize blanket at an Ancient Ones of Maine Geezer Shoot. Hope you all have a great Christmas and a better New Year.

Posts: 4 | Location: Vassalboro, Maine | Registered: 01 October 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post