New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good 'un, Mike N!
 Login/Join

Factor
posted
Good piece on casting ball. Answered a coupla questions for me . . . uh, actually 'splained why I messed so many of 'em up. Prolly ain't surprising to ye.

Wisht it had come out when Windy was here, though. I'd like to know if that artist improved your looks, any. Figgered Windy'd know. And surely he'd tell the truth of it. Reckon?

Thanks for the article.

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I read that article then called Larry an made an order.....Smiler

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fiddlesticks:

Wisht it had come out when Windy was here, though. I'd like to know if that artist improved your looks, any. Figgered Windy'd know. And surely he'd tell the truth of it. Reckon?

Thanks for the article.
[QUOTE]

Oh, I'd say the painting misrepresents Mike just the way he is!

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks:
Thanks for the article.

X2!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Posts: 212 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dick. Y'know, jedgin' by modern photo pictures I've seen over the years, it does look dissimilarly authentic, don't it?

Didn't take away from the article none . . .

Nope, that'd be a fine painting in anyone's home. Especially when a good friend is the subject. Thanks for everything, Mike.

Fiddlesticks

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
A good artist can make a painting of you look authentic,and good too.That's why they get so much for their work Wink

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hey 'Sticks and all, Thanks for your comments on my story. Here's hopin' it helps. As far as the artist properly misrepresenting me, he did try. Let me just say that I find that painting rather complimentary... Maybe that's why I like it. And maybe I'll see Windy this weekend. Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
fellers, i gotta tell ya 'bout that artist, ol' "sweet william" conant; he never ran into nothin' that he couldn't pretty up a mite. folks trade him a knife, er a gun, er most anything, and after a few days it shows up on his blanket lookin' purtier 'n youlda thunk it could ever be. it just ain't in his nature ta let th' ugly of a thing survive. 'course, paintin' ol' pale rug hasta be a challenge even to ol' bill. when i saw him today he looked like he'd aged every one o' them years he took offa mike in th' picture, just frum the effort! plumb wore out, he was! he got th' capote right, though.
mind yer topknots!
windy

Posts: 487 | Location: wetside o' washington | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Sigh . . . true artists never spare themselves in their work. They can actually shorten their own lives out of pure dedication---give themselves up for the sake of their subject, so to speak.

Whether or not that's heroic, I don't know.

Apparently, there may be one of those amongst the historical artists . . .

Philosophizin'Sticks

Factor
posted Hide Post
Hey Winded One, This child must have been out on the trail when you were in camp yesterday. Just lucky for me, I suppose. And, yes, "Sweet William" did get the capote right... Didn't do too bad on the guns either. Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post