Find
Notify
Tools

Pipe
 Login/Join

Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted
Just finished making a new pipe stone pipe. I'll put photos up when I finish the stem.

shoot first ask questions later

Posts: 220 | Location: Lyman, WY....just 6 miles from Ft. Bridger! | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Cool...

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
we used to buy Catlinite out of MINN,,,made nice pipe bowls

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
That's what I used

Posts: 220 | Location: Lyman, WY....just 6 miles from Ft. Bridger! | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
Here's my latest pipe.

latest pipe

Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
And for good measure my tacked up throwing hawk. Got it for $10 and burned in the rings and put brass tacks on it.

throwing hawk

Factor
posted Hide Post
Hmm,I would have thought that a throwing axe would have a larger head.....

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
I don't want to take advantage of those without my decades of experience Smiler

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Looks good - except for the ringneck pheasant feathers.
You do know that pheasants are not a native American bird, right? They come from China and Korea and were introduced into America, I believe, sometime in the 1890's, but didn't really begin to prosper and become common here until well into the 20th century.
I'm just sayin'... I don't care what feathers you put on the pipe.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
Used what I had Wink

Factor
posted Hide Post
Looks good,anyway...... Big Grin

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking pipe.

Posts: 29 | Location: Central Pa. | Registered: 02 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Very fine pipe there Seepwater! I picked up some of that pipe stone along the roadway while traveling through Minnesota many years ago. Still stowed away in one of my rock collection drawers out in my shop. Just found em buried under a pile of Petoskey stones and flint agates in the very last drawer! You have inspired me to get to work on a new pipe!

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Very good work there Seepwater Wink Now IF you happen across another $10 hawk,,Hollar Hollar Hollar OK?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
With the way the government views such things, one can get arrested for simply picking up the wrong feather off the ground. I agree; use what you have.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
I really like the finishing touch on the Hawk. Wink

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Good looking items. Yer photography needs work.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post