New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a strip of rawhide
 Login/Join

<mtnmike>
posted
Does anybody have any rawhide laying around? I need a strip about 1" wide and 14" long. If you can help out let me know.

Mike

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
If you want something thicker than deer rawhide or don't want to wait until hunting season go down to the store and get one of those big rawhide doge chews and soak it up. Or go talk to a custom butcher with a kill truck and get a whole hide for free or cheap, or look for dead stuff. Any of those options would probably be cheaper than mailing it.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
The dog rawhide chews work well and are nearly everywere.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
I guess the next time I go out to town,I'll check on the chew toy,,don't get out much,didn't realize the Resident in DC had raised postage so high?

Factor
posted Hide Post
Anything and everything bro,they aint' gonna back off 'till the bullets fly.....doggone it.....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
The dog rawhide chews work well and are nearly everywere.

That's how I get mine. Soak it in water overnight to unroll or untie it. It will stink so do it in the garage, but NOT outside as night critters like chew toys too.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I have allway`s used the dog chew rawhide bones for my projects needing rawhide,last year at about Christmas time they had some rawhide bones at wally wourld that were about three ft long,bought several for projects.

plus they had some that were dye`d a red color got three or four of them too, now just gotta think about some project that needs red dye`d raw hide on it.

Posts: 196 | Location: kenai peninsula alaska | Registered: 09 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Well I got out to town,went to wally and got a chew toy,,like everything else there cheap made,cheap quality,don't know if I can get a decent strip outta this junk or not Mad

Booshway
posted Hide Post
mtnmike if there is a Hobby Lobby near you try there they sell Tandy Products!!!

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Walking Crow,don't reckon I have ever heard of them,

Booshway
posted Hide Post
I don't buy mine from Wally World. I buy mine from a pet emporium like Pet Smart or some such place.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Mtman if ya haven't got the raw hide yet both squirrel n ground hog are some tough hides. With a little stretching squirrel migbht be long enough n iffen ya can get a whistle pig the hide is awesome. Even road kill is fine long as it ain't been laying there to long in the sun n heat. In the Appalachians n Ozarks whistlepig hide has long been considered the best n strongest boot lace material you could lay hands on

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post