https://muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5791081811/m/2534020148

15 August 2017, 01:35 PM
Boartooth
bows
Cool,do they fly better now?

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin
15 August 2017, 08:06 PM
volatpluvia
Yes they fly truer because the are not hanging up on the string.

pistuo deo lalo
17 August 2017, 12:47 PM
Boartooth
Happy happy,joy joy!!

17 August 2017, 07:30 PM
volatpluvia
Ihad changed my shooting range during the rainy season so I could stop tramping down grass. I have been shooting through a one metter corridor between the house and property wall because there is a concrete walk. But the four inch steel post that supports the upper deck stands just behind my target box a little to the side. So when I missed, skipping the arrow off the front left corner of the box, the arrow would then slam off the post along its length. This is the result. I don't want to shoot two of them anymore, because when the split lets loose under acceleration my left hand will likely receive the jagged end. Ouch, clinic trip.

pistuo deo lalo
18 August 2017, 06:04 PM
Boartooth
That's the arrow?....Oh yeah,that one is a goner...

18 August 2017, 09:27 PM
volatpluvia
There were three of them I cut up today and put them in the trash. I saved the tips, tho.

pistuo deo lalo
19 August 2017, 02:43 PM
Boartooth
Good move,very H.C.

19 August 2017, 09:16 PM
volatpluvia
I broke another today. I moved my target forward to not skip them into the post of the deck. This one skipped off into the leg of the homade grill, a one inch steel leg. It was the first time this arrow hit anything sideways. Since the impact was concentrated into a one inch instead of a four inch length of the shaft, it broke immediately.

pistuo deo lalo
20 August 2017, 01:12 PM
Boartooth
Ooops!

20 August 2017, 09:13 PM
volatpluvia
I had a nice walk out into a cane field this evening. I skipped one of my home made wooden arrows off the top of the box and it went over the wall. The wood must have excelent compreshion and snap back because none of my fiberglass arrows ever sprang that high or retained as much speed off a skip. I found the arrow farther out than any of the FG arrows. It was stuck in the trunk off a cane plant. When I withdrew it, it was wet. When I carefully licked the point it was sweet. Hee, Hee! Fun times.

pistuo deo lalo
21 August 2017, 08:25 PM
Boartooth
Exotic scenes!

11 September 2017, 08:44 PM
volatpluvia
We-e-elllll! I decided to shoot el guamuchil today since things have dried out a bit. On the 4th draw about 10 inches of the top limb broke off. Soooo, I think I will cut the bottom limb off equally and cut new string nocks on the ends. I predict I will have very strong bow that may last a few shots or break on the first draw. We shall see. El León

pistuo deo lalo
12 September 2017, 05:34 PM
Boartooth
Hmmm,back to the drawing board,eh?

12 September 2017, 10:55 PM
volatpluvia
Correctamundo.

pistuo deo lalo
13 September 2017, 07:43 PM
Boartooth
Ah,well....Something to keep you out of bars,eh?

13 September 2017, 08:46 PM
volatpluvia
Okay, I saw that the broken end was splintered enough that I had to cut another 4 inches off. So I cut a new sting nock on it and did not modify the other end. Instead I marked the center of the new length and reduced the thickness of the former handle until I now have two equal limbs. Essentially I did away with the handle. I didn't know if it would survive stringing. It did. So I did a little shooting. I progressively pulled more of the length of the arrow. The arrows are fast. I got to about 24 inches of pull. The arrows penetrate the box about twice as far. I want to work up to a 28 or 29 inch pull. I expect it to break again, after all it already did break. It may be too strong for me at my age to pull it that far.

pistuo deo lalo
14 September 2017, 01:21 PM
Boartooth
sounds like you're having fun anyway....

20 September 2017, 09:16 PM
volatpluvia
I will shoot it until it breaks. There are still 25 pound fiberglass bows at the arquerio in Guadalajara.

pistuo deo lalo
21 September 2017, 11:28 AM
Boartooth
Nothing bigger?

21 September 2017, 10:29 PM
volatpluvia
They have laminated wood recurves. They have 60 lb. Pulls. There is no way I can pull one of those. They have the usual compound bows, but same thing about pulling. Besides I don't want pulleys and cables and all the other do dads.

pistuo deo lalo