New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomatos
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
Well picked what I'm guessing will be the last plum tomato's today. But with the warm weather forecasted maybe a few of the green ones still on the vine just may ripen. Hahaha beginning of Nov n still picking, who would think. Still have to seriously prue back the thornless black berries n raspberries n put the blue berries to bed for the winter. Sometimes feel a bit sorry folks back when missed out on the delicious dinners tomato's could have brought them, sure glad we have them today. Dwarf apple trees I planted a couple years back actually set a few fruit. Hoping next year will bring on a real crop. The old apple trees on the property really out did themselves, had several neighbors ask if they could pick n use some, I of course said yes but warned them the deer might not be happy with them doing it. Big ol oak down the yard set a good amount of acorns n deer been hammering them as well. Days n Seasons like this year sure make all the work n effort worth it. It's great to still be kicking even with all the aches, pains n problems. Sun came up n warmed my face through the window n I got to open my eyes to another beautiful day, life is worth fighting for.

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Life is good,and you are blessed to be able to appreciate it....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post