New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old dog coming back
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
Well its been a coons age since I last posted. Kind of let life get in the way of the good stuff. Some probably remember I had cancer a few years back but I'm still kicken n ain't gone under just yet.;-) so this is Birdman with a bubbling pot a strong coffee on the fire n even have a touch a good sweet sugar left fer them with a sweet tooth. So pull up a log n set a spell.

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome back,Birdman.I'm pretty new here,but I've been sampling the coffee for a couple'a years.I look forward to some tales from long ago.... Smiler

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Why thank ya much Boartooth. Yea I'm sure one of the ol greybeards. Now don't you go putten any stock in them folks like Crossfox, Volat n such what talks bad about me cause I got a few secrets n know the skelatons that got under the bed. We all tend ta stretch the truth some hahaha. It feels good to be back among everybody.

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Birdman61. Now it's time to make up for your sloth.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
LOL hey Hanshi good to see yer still this side a the grass. You still studying martial arts? If I remember right you were pretty good. Been giving serious thought getting back into tai chi. The cancer beat me up bad so slow n gentle is what I can do now

Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Good to have you back here Birdman even though I've only been here about a year. Lookin' forward to sharin' the coffee pot and the fire's warmth with you. (Yeah, I know it's dang hot out right now but fall's a comin' and with it the fall hunt!)

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
I sure offer my best with a Welcome Back, Birdman. What part of the country are you in, if I may ask?

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Southeast corner of Pa, about 12 miles north of the state law be with the united Soviet republic of Maryland hahaha

Booshway
posted Hide Post
I'm down 81 in the valley, in Montgomery County - Christiansburg. You and Dave will have to come down and we'll shoot someday. I've seen the discussions from a while back about smoothbores and I'm hoping to sell a couple of rifles so's that I can get either an Artillery Carbine or a Chief's Grade Trade Rifle (the latter could be built by a friend here locally who is an artist building firesticks) or from North Star West assuming I can come up with about $1650 or so...

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Lordy I loath automatic spell check techno bs. Either its completely wrong in its guessing what ya write or uses words ya no intention of useing grrrrrr

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Birdman! Thanks for the phone call. I'm trying to think up some l..., er, tale to to tell on you, hee, hee.
volatpluvia

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Hahahaha you would you grey bearded ol geezer. I still remember camping down camp rwd beard. Me n Bull under our lean to n you over in your set up. Heck of a great and weekend n great memory

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
It is a real pleasure to meet ya Birdman! Glad we can find a bit of warmth by this here virtual campfire via the air waves. I recon ole Dan'l Boone 'd say "might far as the crow flies". But low and behold, here we all are together! Seems like some kind of Heaven, yet I didn't know I had departed.

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you're still kickin. Welcome back.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Pare-
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you're well and on here!!

Pare-

Posts: 104 | Location: Little River, I.T. | Registered: 06 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
'BOUT TIME YE SHOWED UP! Ya must be gettin' feeble minded 'n' slow cuz it took ya long enuff ta find yer way back! 'Course, it could jest be yor ol'age!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
ROTFL why you ol geezer yer near old enough ta be me paw. Crossfox ,Wolfwoman must be getting soft in her old age by letten you wander the hills by yer lonesome hahaha gonna have ta talk with her. So hows hunkeren down in the 48 fitten ya so far? Ought to be feeling like how bout now

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdman61:
LOL hey Hanshi good to see yer still this side a the grass. You still studying martial arts? If I remember right you were pretty good. Been giving serious thought getting back into tai chi. The cancer beat me up bad so slow n gentle is what I can do now

Yeah, Birdman, but I have to check the obits each morning just to make sure. Still involved with martial arts though I can't do much of what I use to. My pain mngt doctor and my rheumatologist told me to stay active and I aim to wear out, not rust out. My hunting days may be over; this ML season will be the test. I want to go at least once but we'll see. Glad you're back in form; stay busy.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I always say what George Burns used to say... Every morning after I get up, I check the obituarys. If I don't see my name, I have breakfast.

Sua Sponte

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome from the Rocky Mountains.

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post