Find
Notify
Tools

Been gone
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Howdy Ya'll;

I haven't been to this camp in quite some time. It has been a rough year. First, I was diagnosed with a lymphoma back in late spring. I finished up a long series of chemo treatments in November. It appears that I have beaten this thing. My tumor is gone!
But, then on November 5th my wife slipped and fell, breaking her pelvis and the sacrum bone in her lower back. She was off her feet for a month while I cared for her, did all the cooking and housekeeping. Finally, she is back up and walking with the aid of a cane.
Since we are both doing better I went to my local deer blind in the woods across the street from my house for the first time on December 3rd. My first time out this season. I sat in my blind for about one hour when a nice 6 pt buck ambled into my view. One shot from my .50 percussion longrifle and we have venison in the freezer!
In my present chemo weakened state I could not drag the deer the 1/4 mile back to my house. I called my grandson and he quickly arrived and dragged the buck home for me. The two of us processed it the next day.
2020 has been an awful year, but it is ending well for us. I certainly hope that 2021 will be much better for everyone.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Rancocas, glad you're able to come to the camp again. It has been an awful year and one I'd not wish to repeat. Sorry about the health problems experienced by you and your wife. But it is great news that you both are much better now. Congratulations on getting out and dropping a nice buck with your .50. Wish there were photos to share. Welcome back, brother.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Add my best wishes and pleasure at your return. Glad things are looking up. Meat in the freezer is always good news!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your health issues and great that you folks are mending. I know the trials as I went thru bladder removal due to the big "C" in late Oct. so missed Maine's hunting season. This procedure is life changing but it beats the alternative and I will hunt next fall. This old age is NOT for sissies. Lets both get back on the board more often.

Posts: 4 | Location: Vassalboro, Maine | Registered: 01 October 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
You sure have had a rough year. You sure sound like a warrior so keep fighting for your health and sanity. I hope this new year brings you good health and energy and happiness. We surely all need this. Most of all that the Good Lord will give you much time to enjoy your hobbies and interest in an enjoyable way.

Shoot Safe

Posts: 43 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 15 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thank ya'll for your kind comments.
So far, wife and I are doing well this year. We are both recovering nicely.
Enjoyed a good venison roast last night. (:~)
Looking forward to starting the fishing season in a few more weeks. Then spring turkey, and so on.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post