New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello campfire!
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
I´m from Connecticut, an avid hunter, fisherman, trapper, Muzzleloader builder(for friends and relatives) Western rider, and pilot. I hunt with traditional bows, flintlocks & percussion (traditional guns), and my most modern gun is a model 1894 38-55 made in 1902. I´m in Brazil at the moment, and will miss opening day of rifle in CT on Wednesday, but I´ll be home soon. 99% of my muzzleloader hunting is with flintlocks for Turkey´s Deer, and Squirrels! Life is good.

Posts: 3 | Location: Colchester, CT | Registered: 13 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, rogerdoger; life is always good when you carry a flintlock into the fields and woods. You are in with the right crowd at this fire. Tell us more about the guns you hunt with and about your gun building. Photos are required (man law).

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
New here myself RD but welcome. This is a great place to hang your hat. Smiler

Posts: 16 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: 03 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I was a member of the forum years ago and got sidetracked with other things. I'm back, ready to do lots of reading and learning from others, and contribute where I can.

Posts: 2 | Location: Displaced Texan | Registered: 13 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Rogerdoger,, Welcome to our fire, Wink

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Welcome from another new guy.

Posts: 50 | Location: Mountain Home Arkansas | Registered: 22 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to fire rogerdoger this is great place to be.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome. It's a pleasure. This is a great place. I look forward to your posts.

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I'm not a computer person, but just as soon as I can figure it out I'll post a picture of my latest creation. It's a Tulle Fusil of the style that may have been used by the Rhode Island malitia (SP) during our revolution. Complete with bayonet, it's long for sure...12 GA smooth for deer & turkey hunting. I haven't even shot it yet.
I got back off the road on Thursday, and that afternoon harvested a 5 point with my 38-55. Saturday morning, I harvested a big doe with an 1873 Springfield, officers model trap door in 45-70. Rifle is over for me and now it's back to the longbow...I can't wait for Muzzleloader season! I'll start Muzzleloader season with a .45 cal. Bedford county percussion I made some years ago, then use either a 1770's Christopher Gumph .54 or a New England fowler 10 GA. Yup, life is good!

Posts: 3 | Location: Colchester, CT | Registered: 13 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post