Find
Notify
Tools

hey
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted
First post here. I've been around this sport since 1974 and shooting flint since '76. I've known and shot with some fine folks including Charlie Haffner and Don Eads, both of Tennessee. I've shot with fine clubs including Elk River out of Tullahoma. I've learned some from the best along the way and I still am learning... and I'm smart enough to know that I don't know it all.

I look forward to sitting around the fire with y'all whittling, telling lies and passing the jug.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
welcome in,,,coffee's on Wink

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome mtnmike. Good to know that I'm not going to be the only one with one leg shorter than the other from walking on slopes. I got a picture to post of me, but I'm not smart enough to make it smaller so's it fits to the max size allowed.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire
El Leon

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome,I'm not a youngster,but I am new to this style of shooting,looking forward to learning from you. *Slurp*

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2013 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, MountainRanger. I'm of the opinion that "experts" don't exist, and like the rest of us, are just advanced students. Tell us some about what you shoot.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3558 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Howdy!

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thanks again all.

Hanshi, I shoot two rifles, one (the older one) is a .50 cal Southern Mountain Rifle and the newer one is a .45 cal early Virginia style by Mark Elliott. You can go to his site and see 'gun #14. I'm real proud of that one!

I'm pretty handy with leather, so I make my bags, belt, pouches, my haversack, etc. I try to pattern my stuff from around the French and Indian War period and make it like some fellow did sitting in front of a fire. My measures are simple oak, maple or fir branches hollowed out to my measure specs.

Sua Sponte

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mtn. Ranger, looks like you have a lot of experience, and looking forward to you posts, enjoy the fire....Gary

" You do with your scalp as you wish and don't be telling us what to with ours."

Posts: 158 | Location: lake champlain, vt | Registered: 03 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hi vthunter. I appreciate the haloo and the welcome. I checked my backtrail before I came into the fort and we're good!

Sua Sponte

Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
Welcome MountainRanger!

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post