New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today?
 Login/Join

Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol, it ain't the years, it's the miles....YMMV. I'm glad you're still chasing those youngsters around. Watch the heat, it's sneaky...

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Drove an hour to the doctor's office, only to find out that she was a no-show because of a family emergency. Rescheduled for next week. Got home in time to take the pup to the vet. He jumped into the little pickup yesterday as usual, but only his front paws made it. After he got back up from where he had slid down he was limping, holding the right rear leg up. He blew out his left ACL a couple of years ago and I was afraid he had done the other side also. Vet got us in, took x-rays and thinks it is only a sprain. Time will tell.
Now don't get me started on my water leak problem; suffice it to say that digging down 4' through clay got to me; I'll see what can be accomplished tomorrow.

Posts: 70 | Registered: 07 January 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Neighbor drove new well for us now I have to flush it and plumb it, getting ready for hunting season

Big Lee

Posts: 46 | Location: PawPaw,Mi | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Today I went to have blood drawn. Tinkered with flintlocks for a bit then came in here where I'm visiting less and less often so maybe I can now get a life.
Rancocas, I envy your talents, my friend. I have absolutely NO, ZERO talents. Well, I guess I am fairly good about telling tall tales; some of them I even believe.

I used to be a very good cook but not as good now. The ra triggered "chronic fatigue" limits me to just one (1) thing a day and sometimes not even that. Saturday I made another big pot of black bean soup, my (1) thing for that day. I also have some weird tremors that makes it difficult to write my name. Hoping to get back to the range soon to burn some powder. We'll see. I still can't help mourning the passing of our dear little Brutus. He had lots of human and doggie friends from our daily walks. That's all I have to report for now.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Don't stop the walks, Hanshi! You need them for both physical as well as mental health, and Brutus would want you to keep on if only in memory of him.
I hear you on the RA. Carol (my Sweetie) has that also, along with fibromyalgia and severe curvature of the spine. We had a chair lift installed a while back so she can get upstairs easier. She doesn't use it unless she really needs it, prefers climbing to keep what muscle tone she has but there are days when it's needed. I feel blessed that I have good health and can take care of her.
~Kees~

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Well today, nothing; but the day is still young.

Sad to say had to say my last goodbye to my little man, Brutus; it gets harder and harder every time. He was our protection against all the serial killers that came to the door. Yeah, Winter Hawk, I can no longer go hunting at all due to physical problems. It's been around 6 years since I got into the woods, too risky now. Ra is certainly bad enough but for me it's the overwhelming fatigue and spinal issues that have shackled me. My doc ordered new X-rays, mri and told me the back problem is so bad now there is nothing that can be done for it. Years ago maybe but too late now. Life can suck. My best wishes for your main squeeze (wife). My squeeze is in lousy shape with congenital gene affliction. I'm actually very healthy it's just the superstructor that is rusted away. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Sorry I haven't been contributing to the conversation, but this forum decided to not recognize me. I've got it straight now, I think....Sorry to hear 'bout your little guardian passing, Hanshi. It's always hard.

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Well now, what happened to the reply I was working on? No matter. I'll try again!
Nothing much out of the ordinary going on here. I need to get out to the range and burn some powder for a postal shoot I'm in on. September is almost over so I had better get on the ball.
The garden is pretty well done. I still have some tomatoes and peppers hanging on, and I need to harvest the Swiss chard & can it, which I'm not looking forward to. Funny, I used to enjoy putting stuff up but the excitement has definitely waned!
Hanshi, take care of that Lady of yours, and yourself also!
~Kees~

Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Fall hunting season is on up here in Alberta. No elk camp this year, once again. This disease is really breaking my body down. Might try for a deer yet. Anyhow, beautiful September days all month thus far has resulted in many range trips. Modern centerfires all sighted in, bpc rifles as well. Been doing trail walks with friends and family. Planning to go again this weekend.
Take care.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Thankyou for the kind words, Winter Hawk. More X-rays recently and then another visit to pain management. He tells me that the damage to the spine is so severe that there's nothing that can be done help it. It's way too late he says. I do have a schedule for three times a week; 15 t0 20 minutes with stretching and bungie cables and about the amount of time on the upstairs recumbent bike followed by several minutes of stretching. I can empathize with your Carol, I have a good idea of what she's going through. I also refused one of those stair elevators.

Other than doing chores around the house I have been doing nothing. I cook, clean the bathtub, take care of laundry and dishes and a few other things. Muzzleloader wise I'm always tinkering if nothing other than petting them. Today nothing out of the ordinary.

Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Hanshi,
I seem to recall one time, many years ago, when I was given the advice to never give up. For the life of me I cannot remember who said it, but I do know his picture looked a heck of a lot like Tom Selleck.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I've been told that if'n I don't keep moving, someone will start throwing dirt on me.

Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boartooth:
I'm pretty sure I've been told that if'n I don't keep moving, someone will start throwing dirt on me.

Boy ain’t that the truth!! Lol
Walk

Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'm walking with our pastor several times a week. Our dog, Charlie, is pretty bummed out because he tore his right ACL and has to take it easy. He blew out the left a couple of years ago and went through surgery for it; we'll see if rest will let the right one heal of its own. It's not totally blown out so I'm hoping! He's 10 years old now, getting up there although Cavashons supposedly get to 15.
~Kees~

Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Gonna try making sourdough sandwich bread again. I never used to have issues until my guts started giving me troubles. Had to dispose of my starter for a few years. Been trying to get another going but seems very weak. This latest attempt has been doing its thing for two weeks now, daily feeding, etc. Still acting weak. I suspect the natural yeast is being effected by the daily chemo. Anyhow, gonna try it today. If no go, then disposal and accept that it wont work for me.
Walk

Factor
posted Hide Post
Hey Walk, I've found that a girl that has the YouTube channel,"Pantrymama" has some real good advice on Sourdough. She goes into all the short cuts, and tricks for getting real good sourdough. One thing I never thought of,because I am on a well for water, is letting the water that you use for baking set out for 24 hours if you're on treated water. That should let all the chemicals dissipate so the yeasty beasties do their thing. Just an idea.

Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Ya, I believe I’ve watched her. On this batch, and the last, I’m using bottled water, but that don’t mean its chemical free. Lol
Walk

Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Didn’t turn out. Guess its time to give up on it. Lol
Walk

Factor
posted Hide Post
Rats. It's prolly something us amateurs aren't figerring out right.Lol

Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I’ve never had issues with sourdough nor starter before. Was making it for years in fact. I honestly believe its this most recent change in my chemo. This daily chemo is messing with the natural yeasts around me. Oh well.
Walk